Lisa, do you offer systems for my crew cab standard bed 6.2L sierra??? I looked on your sight but dont see anything for it.

Also great video!

Through GM they offer them (strange if you ask me that they don't list a 6.2 standard bed crew but they have standard bed 5.3 crew). 19303342 (bumper duals) and 19303346 (dual pipe single side exit). You also need 19303347 (chrome) or 19303348 (black chrome) tips.

The GM/Borla exhausts have the AFM flapper valve in them.

I don't understand why you have it coming out the back. Damn man it's so ugly on a truck. This isn't the 80s.

It's funny, I work at a GM dealership and there are lots of people that want after market exhaust but I've never seen one person want straight out the back on a truck yet. Our exhaust guy loves it he makes big money since he custom makes side exit systems all the time.

They offer side exit systems as well, just easier to set everything up coming out the rear to get video is my guess. The side exit has both pipes coming out behind the passenger rear tire.

You can see it on this truck.

I think we can all agree the ATAK is pretty loud on the 6.2L. Not many people seem to have much input to this question for whatever reason.. but what are your opinions on someone deciding between an S-Type or Touring for the 6.2L?

How does the Touring sound when the AFM switches to four cylinder mode?

I purchased my Borla at the dealer and had them install it. I have the dual pipe exit behind the rear passenger tire. It sounds good, would like it a little louder but it's nice because you don't hear it until you get on it. Also, the switching from 4 to 8 cylinder has no effect on the sound inside.

So if you had to do it again, would you go with the S or ATAK? I have to assume the louder systems would allow a more pronounced drone during 4 cylinder mode but maybe not?

I purchased my Borla at the dealer and had them install it. I have the dual pipe exit behind the rear passenger tire. It sounds good, would like it a little louder but it's nice because you don't hear it until you get on it. Also, the switching from 4 to 8 cylinder has no effect on the sound inside.

I think we can all agree the ATAK is pretty loud on the 6.2L. Not many people seem to have much input to this question for whatever reason.. but what are your opinions on someone deciding between an S-Type or Touring for the 6.2L?

Yeah, I'm interested in hearing people's opinions that have heard the touring and s type on the 6.2.. I'm pretty sure I will order the s type Monday when I get back in town.. while my instincts have always told me I want the quietist after market exhaust I think after a couple months of getting used to something like the borla touring, I think I'd end up regretting not getting the s type based off what I've heard from people that have bought the touring.. Im sure id regret the atak so I'll most likely end up getting the s type

One word of warning. If you ever want to install the Hellwig rear sway bar, you cannot install the Borla dual side exit exhaust. The sway bar end link is right where the second side exit pipe goes.

You need to install the dual rear exit Borla and shift the sway bar toward the passenger side to clear the driver's side exit pipe.

This is the reason my GM Borla is not installed yet. Now waiting for warmer weather.

Yeah, I'm interested in hearing people's opinions that have heard the touring and s type on the 6.2.. I'm pretty sure I will order the s type Monday when I get back in town.. while my instincts have always told me I want the quietist after market exhaust I think after a couple months of getting used to something like the borla touring, I think I'd end up regretting not getting the s type based off what I've heard from people that have bought the touring.. Im sure id regret the atak so I'll most likely end up getting the s type

I'll let you be the s type guinea pig and let me know :P

I'll let you be the s type guinea pig and let me know :P

LOL thanks pal :D haha

I ordered the s type today.. will post a vid after..

fyi there are a bunch of vids on youtube.. i searched 6.2 borla s type.. 6.2 borla touring.. and found a lot of vids.. s type seems like it will be perfect for me.. let u know what I think :D

Archived