Goodbye HD...

Sounds like you're enjoying the Canyon, I currently have a '16 Silverado 1500 double cab, looking at ditching it for a 2016 Canyon SLT Crew Cab but, I wonder if I will miss anything about the big truck? I don't need the towing capacity or the cargo room, I am kind of tired of the overall size of the 1500.... Anything you miss about your old full size truck?

16 minutes ago, Imcrazy said:

Sounds like you're enjoying the Canyon, I currently have a '16 Silverado 1500 double cab, looking at ditching it for a 2016 Canyon SLT Crew Cab but, I wonder if I will miss anything about the big truck? I don't need the towing capacity or the cargo room, I am kind of tired of the overall size of the 1500.... Anything you miss about your old full size truck?

Just rolled over 15,000 miles.  Honestly, not much.  V8 sound is the biggest thing LOL.  The Duramax however has gobs of torque and a torque rating that is within 10ft.lbs of a 6.0.  Visibility is very good on the crew cab, its easy to maneuver, park, etc.  I do miss the towing mirrors, but the ones on the Colorado do a good job, and are actually well sized.  And I don't miss 13mpg LOL.  25+mpg all the time is marvelous. 

While I didn't get a Diesel, I did join the SIlverado to Colorado convert club this week... Brought home a 2017 Crew Cab Z71 4x4 in Silver... I am getting 2-3 more MPG is seems which is nice and you're spot on with the easier to park & good visibility statement.. Only complaint I have it the seat is not an 8 way power just a 4 way + lumbar and the position of the ignition makes the key fob tap my knee when I am on the brakes sometimes, seems like it should be a flip key like the last gen Equinoxes had or  push button start like the new SUV's and sedans all seem to have.... Overall I am pleased with my choice and your advice / experience was helpful in making my decision.

Edit: traded the Colorado in on a Silverado after 2 months I couldn’t stand the interior, too cramped for me.

Archived