Sign in to follow this  
Gorehamj

Chevy Offers Unlimited WiFi for $20 per Month

post-139450-0-90097600-1488490601_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
3-2-2017

Twenty bucks a month will buy any Chevy owner with a WiFi enabled infotainment system to access all the data they can consume. This is the new price plan from Chevy, and we assume it will spread to other GM brands soon. Chevy says that its customers have increased data usage exponentially and that volume has enabled GM to strike a sweet deal with AT&T. Any vehicle equipped with Chevy's OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot qualifies.

For heavy data users, this plan seems like a no-brainer. We have followed GM's pricing evolution. The last report we did had the prices being cut in half. When we asked our members what they thought of the prices about a year ago, the comments were pretty much unanimous that it was too much money for too little data. We'd love to know if this new plan would entice anyone to sign up.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

removed

Edited by Blue Sierra Owner

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      7/5/2016
      Well, if you answered "Yes!" now is your chance. Chevrolet just announced that it will cut its costly data plans in half. Although Chevy's press announcement puts a positive spin on the subject, about half of owners in some models are not using it - at all. The top vehicle for data usage is the Suburban with 60% usage by owners. Here is the new data plan price breakdown:

An OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot comes standard on all new Chevy models as part of its OnStar Basic Plan. The new prices are exactly half those of the prior prices.

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      1/11/2016
      General Motors recently created a very detailed press release highlighting its dominance regarding on-board Wifi. The one thing GM leaves out of its promotional posts about its 4GLTE connectivity is what its vehicle owners pay for it. If you have it, and if you use it, would you be willing to share what you have been paying and give us a short note on how you use it? For example, do you use it yourself to connect to the internet and do searches or to use maps? Or, do your kids use it for entertainment like Youtube and games? If you have it, but opt not to use it that would also be of interest.

GM has sold more WiFi capable vehicles than the rest of the industry combined. GM touts the following stats about its customers' usage to date:
      ◾1.5 million hours of streaming HD video OR
      ◾48 million hours of streaming music OR
      ◾2.9 billion social media posts with photos

GM admits that Volt owners are the most likely users, but it sells waaay more trucks. If you have any information to share we would appreciate it. Use the comments section to reply. Thank You.

• By Gorehamj
      GM has sold more WiFi capable vehicles than the rest of the industry combined. GM touts the following stats about its customers' usage to date:
      ◾1.5 million hours of streaming HD video OR
      ◾48 million hours of streaming music OR
      ◾2.9 billion social media posts with photos

GM admits that Volt owners are the most likely users, but it sells waaay more trucks. If you have any information to share we would appreciate it. Use the comments section to reply. Thank You.
    • By Ckdenali09
      I have a brand new, never used GMX LOCKPICK AIR factory radio interface for sale. Website price is $429.00, I am asking $300.00 (plus shipping). I will ship it as cheap as possible with tracking information.

I replaced my factory head unit and no longer need this item. I was able to swap my GMX560 from Coastaletech with the newly released GMX LOCKPICK AIR.

Please see their website for all features this unit provides. https://www.coastaletech.com/gmxair.htm

Will work for the following vehicles.

Cadillac Escalade 2007-2014

Buick Lucerne 2011
      Buick Enclave 2008-2014

Chevrolet Avalanche 2007-2011
      Chevrolet Tahoe 2007-2011
      Chevrolet Suburban 2007-2011
      Chevrolet Silverado 2007-2011

GMC Acadia 2007-2014
      GMC Yukon 2007-2011
      GMC Yukon Denali/Hybrid 2007-2011
      GMC Sierra 1500/2500/3500 (2007-2011)