Low Washer Fluid

Hey guys, less then 1,000 miles on 2017 Silverado LT. Keeping getting low washer fluid message. I put a whole bottle in it a week ago. Where could it be leaking? Cracked tank? I hate to bring the truck in for something simple.

Thanks!

I don't hesitate to take my truck to the dealer for the small stuff while still under warranty. However my dealer is close and the drive-thru service dept. is very convenient.

Hey guys, less then 1,000 miles on 2017 Silverado LT. Keeping getting low washer fluid message. I put a whole bottle in it a week ago. Where could it be leaking? Cracked tank? I hate to bring the truck in for something simple.

Thanks!

Have you been using it? A gallon goes pretty quick in these trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A gallon of fluid will last me a couple of years.......it will last my wife about 2 weeks. :dunno:

I learned to just fill the jug and not ask her any questions. I really would like to know why she thinks the window needs to be washed every damn time she gets in a vehicle and after every hundred or so miles on a trip. I figured its better to not say something to her, than start a disagreement over a 99 cent jug of blue water. Happy wife, happy life!

A gallon of fluid will last me a couple of years.......it will last my wife about 2 weeks. :dunno:

I learned to just fill the jug and not ask her any questions. I really would like to know why she thinks the window needs to be washed every damn time she gets in a vehicle and after every hundred or so miles on a trip. I figured its better to not say something to her, than start a disagreement over a 99 cent jug of blue water. Happy wife, happy life!

Indeed. Mine complains about the electric bill being a bit high - then she gets up and turns on about 700 watts of lights. Go figure.

Thanks guys! I will fill it up again and check for a leak (hope its just a line and not a cracked reservoir). I don't see how anything could have gotten up there to crack it. I don't notice that I am using it an awful lot, but who knows. I did notice is sprays a hell of a lot more then my previous vehicles!!

Haha I do the same thing as your wife. A dirty windshield bugs me to no end. Plus where I work there is a garbage incinerator plant next door that emits lots of "steam" (or so they tell us) that leaves drops all over our cars.

Indeed. Mine complains about the electric bill being a bit high - then she gets up and turns on about 700 watts of lights. Go figure.

Woman = dumbest animal to ever pull a lawnmower string hahahahahahaha now that's funny right there unless of course you happen to be a woman and if so I apologize to all the little pygmys in guinea. I like the rainx stuff too it costs a bit more but it seems to clean better and does repel water in light rain so you hardly need the wipers. Even a mopwringer would like it

Same here, except it was a lot more than 700 watts with all the recessed lighting in the various rooms. I solved that issue by just quietly swapping out to LED bulbs for all the "momma likes on" lights. Now its down to ~40 watts, and a lot less heat.

Haha I do the same thing as your wife. A dirty windshield bugs me to no end. Plus where I work there is a garbage incinerator plant next door that emits lots of "steam" (or so they tell us) that leaves drops all over our cars.

Agreed, especially the inside. I clean the inside of the windows (including oft-forgotten rear-view mirror) at least once a month. I mean, nothing plays a bigger part in safety than being able to see out the windows... my litmus test is I see the slightest smudge or haze in the glass when driving into a setting sun, the windows aren't clean enough.

You're a very smart man, muddkatt. It took me years to learn that lesson, but once I did my life improved considerably. :D

I accidentally fooled my wife. In the fall I turn off the breaker at the panel for the air conditioning. Summer comes and I have forgot about it. She comes along and sets the temperature on the thermostat to air condition the house. Says its better now. That is just basement air moving around the house. Saves money. Can't fool her for too long though.

Jim

Archived