Full size blazer bouncy

NickV.

Question

Have recently traded my SBC for a 94 big blazer. Always loved them, had a 79 and it was awesome. However, the guy said it needed new shocks but he had already bought them and just haven't put the on. So I out them on the other day and the shocks where fully extended and still.about 1-2" short of lining up with the holes. I got them to line up after messing with the jack to lower the truck onto them. And since then it'd been just as bouncy almost as the completely wornnout ones I took off. Had an alignment done and it is still bouncy and wonders every now n then while driving. It doesn't seem to have a lift on it but it does have 33's.. So please if anyone has any advice that would be awesome. Thanx

3 answers to this question

What brand shocks are they? Shock quality has gone down the toilet compared to when that truck was new.

If you had the suspension hanging when you tried to install the shock, that's normal with some vehicles, especially jacking from one side - if I can fit under the vehicle with it's weight on all 4, I'll do that - makes installation much easier.

Probably need a set of Ranchos to stiffen the ride up a bit.

Yeah, if they're too short, I'm sure it'll pull the suspension in strange ways, resulting in strange handling. Never drove one with that issue, but normally it doesn't take too much to make the wheel feel out of whack in my experience.

I think I'm going to go for 1.5"-2" lifted shocks..the back looks like its squared a Lil bit with the new ones on that came with it..have no idea what brand they are, front are black and rear are red.lol and also would them being a tad too short make my front end drift? Or pull the tires up more than normal?

Archived