Do states enforce laws on lifts?

Now that I've been looking at picks. I'm so torn between a 6 and 4, inch lift. Sure I'll have to re gear lol. Driving around I've seen people with what looks to be taller than 4 inch. So definitely a lot of people exceed the limit.

Really both looks good. 4 inch with 33 or 6 inch with 35.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Do you use your bed for anything other than carrying air? If so go 4 inch. 6 is very impractical for everything but looking awesome and turning heads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you use your bed for anything other than carrying air? If so go 4 inch. 6 is very impractical for everything but looking awesome and turning heads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6" isn't impractical at all. I actually found the higher level great especially when carrying wood or other things out of it. Now moving heavy items like furniture or my 110qt Yeti. Well yeah that was harder than stock height lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well I'm only about 5'8" so anything above a level would be impractical for me since I almost at times find ways to use my truck as a truck and most stuff I haul the tailgate needs to be down for at least loading and unloading at stock height so I don't want to imagine how it would be with even a 4" lift. So I don't mind keeping a daily stock height. I'll put a lift on an old Chevy with a straight axle so it's cheaper and easier to lift and with no computer it's less to worry about when playing int he mud.

Thanks guys for the input. I think I'm leaning to 4, inch lift with 33. Play it say and at the same time give me the stance I was. If I went with a 6 inch lift I would also then want 35 but that would require re gearing my current 3.42 to something bigger.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I had a nine inch with 37s and never saw a reason to regear. The rpm difference at any speed was nominal, could still chirp tires, and towed car trailer/big body car combos all the time on it. Just food for thought if regear is a major concern of yours and a check in the negative column of a six inch lift

If it's the law and an officer is handing me a ticket, that would be the last of my worries.
But to jeopardize my coverage of insurance in case of an accident...or getting sued by the victims...

It's like DUI. It only works until it happens.

so long

j-ten-ner

• 9 months later...

Seems to me if you buy an illegal height lift kit and you get cited for whatever reason under whatever circumstances you'll pay the fine and possibly tow fees as well.  Then you'll want to get a legal height kit and install that, who knows, you may want to change the size of your tires too. All the expenses incurred after the citation could have been avoided had you bought the legal kit to start with.....and please use mud flaps that extend well below the axle and keep your tires inside the fenders, please...

Archived