8l90 torque converter or transmission

Who all in the past six months have had there's replaced for what problem and did it fix anything they are going to replace my torque converter next week for the shuttering just was wondering if any one has had there's replace or the transmission replaced

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Rme2513,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this concern with your Silverado’s torque converter and certainly understand how frustrating this could be. Feel free to send us a private message, should you like to discuss your situation in greater detail.

Regards,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

Hello Rme2513,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this concern with your Silverado’s torque converter and certainly understand how frustrating this could be. Feel free to send us a private message, should you like to discuss your situation in greater detail.

Regards,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

That's interesting - my 8spd in my 2016 Sierra 1500 drives like crap and the dealer just says that's how it works. When is GM going to come out with some better tuning for these transmissions? The current programming is horrible!

I had my torque converter replaced6 months ago for a shudder also. Transmission works flawlessly now. You can hardly feel it shift gears and no more hunting for gears.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I had my torque converter replaced6 months ago for a shudder also. Transmission works flawlessly now. You can hardly feel it shift gears and no more hunting for gears.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

How are you cold engagement shifts park to drive or reverse do the take a long time or feel like it bounces in and out before it's in gear ?

New converter ordered for mine for exact same problem. I waited to buy my 6.2 Max Tow mid year build (Jan 2017) build to avoid these updates. But it does shift like butter so keeping fingers crossed it will continue.

Archived