New 2016 Sierra 2500HD 4WD issues at 600 Miles

I just bought a 2016 Sierra 2500 HD gasser last Friday. We had a snow storm on Wednesday and I used the 4WD for the first time(manual floor shifter). There seemed to be laboring on the engine while in 4wd drive. The RPMs ran about 2500 higher at 45 MPH also. Took to the dealer and they have no idea what is wrong with it. They are going to start taking the front differential apart today. I don't like the idea of having them replace parts instead of replacing the whole diff. I did not buy a new truck to get a rebuilt front dif right away. Any other 2500HD owners have this issue? Anyone know how to get GM to replace the whole differential or whatever other part they may find as the cause?

What is the manufacturing plant that your truck was built at?

Flint,Mi. Was final assembly acccording to window sticker. Why do you ask?

Just wondering. Because it seems like most of the steering issues with the HD trucks. As well as a few other minor things that have come up. Seems that they all appear to be from the Flint plant?

Just wondering. Because it seems like most of the steering issues with the HD trucks. As well as a few other minor things that have come up. Seems that they all appear to be from the Flint plant?

Maybe because ALL HD crews come from Flint?

I haven't been able to find any information about this problem besides what is on this forum. If it were a widespread issue there would be more news or information available. I truly hope those with the problem have their trucks repaired satisfactorily. But if those with a problem have lost their trust in the truck it will be practically impossible for GM to make it right for them no matter how many parts are replaced.

Final update....

The service writer told me wrong when he said the front diff. It turned out to be the transfer case. They said a retention ring failed. They replaced the ring, bearing and sychronization kit. My guess is that something was assembled wrong to start. The 4WD now works as it should.

Are you satisfied? No more issues?

There are no more issues at this time. I used the 4WD in some snow we had a few days ago and it seemed just fine. I am satisfied with the repair I would say. I guess I would have preferred a new transfer case being that the truck was basically new. To me, this is a component that should almost never be opened up. Just service fluids in it throughout the life of the vehicle and that's it. The warranty states they will replace components and not complete units on the drive train warranty and thats what they did.

Archived