2017 GMC Sierra 1500: Surge, Hesitation, Chuggle, Misfire, Feeling wit

Truck Does Not Run Right...Tachometer Bounces...Hesitation from the start...Going up hills is Jumpy...Skips and Bucks, Feels like truck is Misfiring...Transmission shifts are consistently Rough and Random... :ughdance:

Dealership confirmed the problem after test driving and they then found TSB #PIP5457C: Surge hesitation Chuggle Misfire Feeling With A Light Tip In - (Feb 10, 2017) which they believe match's the problem. :dunno:

The Dealership says GMC is aware of this (TSB #PIP5457C) the cause is unknown at this time. Do Not Know How Long It Could Take To Get A Fix. :nonod:

I called GMC customer assistance and requested a replacement or buyback they opened up a case number for me.

They next day GMC customer assistance denied any kind of replacement, trade assistance, or buy back. Closed my case because they do not know what the cause is at this time and do not have a fix for the problem.

I was told I must drive the truck (AS IS) until such time a fix is available. They also encouraged me to exercise the Lemon Laws in my state if I wished to pursue a replacement or a buy back. :bs:

Extremely unhappy with my first GMC Truck and that's a shame because it’s a beautiful truck It just happens to be a Lemon that runs like Crap... :banghead:

Just keep driving (AS IS) is not what I paid for...I hope someone else has any insight to how to fix this problem. I hope others will post there concerns as well so we can get these trucks fixed or replaced... :flag:

Honestly reading this I don't know whether I should laugh or cry!!! You must have some sort of resource to sort this out. Bring them your truck, tell them you almost got killed driving it ''AS IS'' and that you want a paid rental replacement until they can fix it. Your warranty stipulates a rental will be provided while your truck is in the shop. This is a new truck not a 10 year old Ford..

• Like 1

Time for a different dealership!

They should try a few things to fix it, check the plugs, check the torque converter, tranny, etc but doing nothing is not acceptable! If your next dealership won't try to do something, than lawyer up like others have said.

I guarantee if my truck was as bad as yours, my dealership would be trying to fix it.

I know some are just plain lazy and don't give 2 shits...

• Like 3

Has one issue and wants a replacement truck? :rollin: Ok, I got that out of my system, proced with the bashing and complaining.

Depending on how bad if it is a complete drivability issue (which it doesn't sound like) then a rental I would demand. A little hiccup here and there and not causing a safety issue keeping up with traffic, I would still want a rental but a long drawn out fight over the cost of the rental they deny I would not be up for and just drive while calling daily for updates. Good luck OP.

Tyler

• Like 1

This is unfortunate but don't let it stress you out! It will get fixed. When it is running properly you will have a fabulous truck! It appears that GM will be repairing the problem and they don't seem concerned that further harm will be done from driving it in the meantime. If you have safety concerns then pursue the rental with your dealer.

Honestly reading this I don't know whether I should laugh or cry!!! You must have some sort of resource to sort this out. Bring them your truck, tell them you almost got killed driving it ''AS IS'' and that you want a paid rental replacement until they can fix it. Your warranty stipulates a rental will be provided while your truck is in the shop. This is a new truck not a 10 year old Ford..

This is unfortunate but don't let it stress you out! It will get fixed. When it is running properly you will have a fabulous truck! It appears that GM will be repairing the problem and they don't seem concerned that further harm will be done from driving it in the meantime. If you have safety concerns then pursue the rental with your dealer.

Here is the TSB #PIP5457C

attachicon.gifTSB _ PIP5457C _Feb_10_2017.pdf

Would I be better off doing a Diablo Custom tune instead of waiting for who knows how long for GMC to figure out the truck problem and fix. Or any other recommendations like Black Bear or something else?

Would I be better off doing a Diablo Custom tune instead of waiting for who knows how long for GMC to figure out the truck problem and fix. Or any other recommendations like Black Bear or something else?

Dealership will not do a rental or loaner until they can figure out what is wrong with truck. They are saying because I do not have any service lights on then the truck is safe to drive. This dealership is the worst I can not believe they can not investigate what the problem could be without waiting for GM to come out with something.Especially since the dealership and GM have no ETA on when and if that will even become available? :help:

Perhaps I should just do a Diablo Custom tune or Black Bear tune. Got an email back from dealership today they heard back from GM and were told to tell me drive in Tow mode and see if that's better/ No it was not better. They then said they had no ETA on when they would have a fix could be several months or longer? If GM is involved not sure if it would be worth going to another dealer for help. That's why I thought perhaps a custom tune from Diablo or Black Bear might be a way to go? Any thoughts or ideas would be great? :sick:

Time for a different dealership!

They should try a few things to fix it, check the plugs, check the torque converter, tranny, etc but doing nothing is not acceptable! If your next dealership won't try to do something, than lawyer up like others have said.

I guarantee if my truck was as bad as yours, my dealership would be trying to fix it.

I know some are just plain lazy and don't give 2 shits...

I would agree 100% but now that GM is involved would another dealer even be worth it? GM has no ETA on a fix for this truck said it could take 3 months or longer. But like yourself I asked them to check the plugs, wires torque converter and AFM or transmission. They told me none of theses things would fix it because I have no service lights showing up? :bs:

I just purchased a 17 Silverado that I notice the same things on. The truck runs fine until you start up a small incline. As soon as there is a bit of a load, it acts like a miss or hesitation. If you jump on the gas, the problem goes away.

• Like 1