2017 6.2L 8 Speed Tuning

On 8/17/2017 at 9:03 PM, SkiDooNick700 said:

Wow the gains on the webpage seem pretty aggressive. Im assuming that is 93 octane with the 6.2L.

"6.2L gains: up to +45 ft-lbs torque, +22 horsepower (peak gains of up to 31 ft-lbs torque, +16 horsepower"

Anyone know why they specify the peak gains and them being lower than the first set of numbers they give? I'm trying to look at the dyno graph on my phone but cant read the numbers.

"up to +45 ft-lbs torque, +22 horsepower" is some where in the power band, not at the peak.

"peak gains of up to 31 ft-lbs torque, +16 horsepower" is at the highest point in the graph.

I dynoed my 2015 6.2 truck when we tuned it.  It picked up 39 lb ft peak and like 14 hp peak.  The curve was a lot more smooth though than stock and it gained up to 80 lb ft in spots where the stock tune was killing power mostly around the shifts.

Edited by SierraHD17

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Has anyone with a 2017+ 8-speed had luck with the Trifecta tune?

I'm wondering the same thing.. They do claim in a few spots on their site to not require an unlock for T87A based transmissions.
Not much feedback from anyone who's tried it out on a '17 8 speed 6.2L tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/14/2017 at 6:05 PM, wildlyfe200 said:

Good to know. I had a feeling they just scuffed it up handling it.

This is turning out to be a very informative thread. I just wish we could figure out how people are tuning T87A's with EFI Live.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Nobody who is doing it is going to explain how....   Everyone doing it.... is doing it a different way.

Everyone should simply be happy that guys like me have made something like this available... Where others can't.

Don't cry foul.  Be happy that it's possible.

Last weekend I tuned my brother in law's 2017 DENALI 6.2 A8 truck.    The truck is a ROCKET that will produce way

more performance than you can imagine.  So much so that, I have to tune them differently for different customers depending 

on who they are and how they drive.    No different than a 2017 ZO6....  A really abusive driver will break it in short order.

Drivers who are responsible can enjoy massive performance changes when you chose the right tuner.

If I want something....and I can afford it...  I'll pay what it costs.

Be happy that this is even available because in a year or two THE TUNING BUSINESS AS WE KNOW IT IS FINISHED.

You think things are tough and cost more now.....  Don't you dare buy a 2019 or 2020 GM VEHICLE.

We're coming to the end of an era...

Chuck CoW

• Like 1

Nobody who is doing it is going to explain how....   Everyone doing it.... is doing it a different way.

Everyone should simply be happy that guys like me have made something like this available... Where others can't.

Don't cry foul.  Be happy that it's possible.

Last weekend I tuned my brother in law's 2017 DENALI 6.2 A8 truck.    The truck is a ROCKET that will produce way

more performance than you can imagine.  So much so that, I have to tune them differently for different customers depending 

on who they are and how they drive.    No different than a 2017 ZO6....  A really abusive driver will break it in short order.

Drivers who are responsible can enjoy massive performance changes when you chose the right tuner.

If I want something....and I can afford it...  I'll pay what it costs.

Be happy that this is even available because in a year or two THE TUNING BUSINESS AS WE KNOW IT IS FINISHED.

You think things are tough and cost more now.....  Don't you dare buy a 2019 or 2020 GM VEHICLE.

We're coming to the end of an era...

Chuck CoW

Haha... I don't blame you that's giving away trade secrets. I might have you do my tune I'm not so happy with the tune I have now.

My 2017 6.2 drives great. I was hoping you might be able to help me with the trans tuning to try to help out the jolt I get when it trys to downshift to first when slowing down. Not all the time.

I'm all ready to go TCM has been unlocked and I'm not too far from your shop.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, wildlyfe200 said:

Haha... I don't blame you that's giving away trade secrets. I might have you do my tune I'm not so happy with the tune I have now.

My 2017 6.2 drives great. I was hoping you might be able to help me with the trans tuning to try to help out the jolt I get when it trys to downshift to first when slowing down. Not all the time.

What tune do you have?   Have you driven it long?   What mods have you made?

Chuck CoW

What tune do you have?   Have you driven it long?   What mods have you made?

Chuck CoW

2017 6.2 Denali crew cab

-23k miles. Tuned at 5k.

-1 7/8 AR headers/hi-flow cats

-GM Borla cat back

-air raid full kit

-tuned by Doug at ECS. I have the tune file and vcm suite to flash

16 hours ago, wildlyfe200 said:

wikdlyfe200, Chuck CoW is the guy I was telling you could tune the 2017 8-speeds back in June of 2017. It started a bit of a fire storm and people ended up bashing Chuck. He told me back then how he was doing it (and it made perfect sense), but I was sworn to secrecy and have had sealed lips ever since. Let us know how it works out for you. Of course, he'll want you to keep it a secret too because most people STILL don't know how it's done.

• 4 months later...
On 2/9/2018 at 3:30 AM, wildlyfe200 said:

Did you ever get your TCM tuned? I'm wondering if I should go down that road.

On 2/10/2018 at 5:04 PM, SILVER SLED said:

Vectormotorsports in Michigan can tune the 17-18 8 speed tcms in the vehicle.  It's $499. 

Did you do the TCM tune from Vector?

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:48 PM, Mileguru said:

Did you do the TCM tune from Vector?

No I haven't.  It's actually $599 and it runs and shifts pretty good and I don't plan on drag racing this and getting every little 10th out of it.  So I haven't bitten the bullet yet.