WHAT DID I DO TO YOU!!!! WTF

joshc64311

The bird is doing that because he see's his reflection in the window and thinks its another bird and when he see's your truck he knows the other bird will be there which is really him. I had one do that to my side mirror almost everyday for about a week or two, he would just hover at the mirror to see himself which he though was another bird.

The bird is doing that because he see's his reflection in the window and thinks its another bird and when he see's your truck he knows the other bird will be there which is really him. I had one do that to my side mirror almost everyday for about a week or two, he would just hover at the mirror to see himself which he though was another bird.

No no this little spawn of saten did it all summer last year. I travel for work and when i get back my truck is covered. His actions are premeditated and malicious, dosent matter were i park he will find me! He doesn't mess with the fords or dodges just chevy.

Had a cardinal do the same thing all this winter, started back around november. Every morning around 7am the same thing, he shit on my mirrors and attacked them with his beak and scratched them all to hell.

About 2 weeks ago i got sick of it and took the window out of my garage door, sat down waited for him to show up. Sure enough around 7am on the dot he showed up and i blasted him off my mirror with a .22 pellet rifle.

Left his body lay there for the rest of the birds to see as an example. Problem solved.

No no this little spawn of saten did it all summer last year. I travel for work and when i get back my truck is covered. His actions are premeditated and malicious, dosent matter were i park he will find me! He doesn't mess with the fords or dodges just chevy.

Avian Terrorist!

Get a humane trap and put a mirror in the back, once you catch it dunk the trap in a tub of water to see if it can swim under water. :cold:

Well Hell, if you really want to teach the bird a lesson, get a bug zapper. Remove the cover and secure the two circles of 1/2 hardware cloth so that they are insulated from the truck. Plug the thing up using our built in 120V power supply. When Tweety puts his feet on BOTH of the pieces of hardware cloth it will be a shocking experience for him at the very least.

Left his body lay there for the rest of the birds to see as an example. Problem solved.

I had a pecan tree in my back yard, hung over my driveway, squirrels loved to chew those pecans before they ripened and fell naturally. The driveway would get stained a dark brown.

Shot 6 the first year. Only one or two of the not so bright ones each year after. Felt bad, but left one at the base of the tree throughout the season. No more squirrels in my yard.

• 1 month later...

A product that you can still buy in the US but not in Canada anymore called Rid A Bird works good. Did I say I was a Pest Control Officer, Weed Inspector, Soil Conservation Officer for 29 years. ahahha

• 1 month later...

.177 pellet gun. Work parking lot, this doesn't make noise. You may look like a terrorist to an ignorant coworker though. You may need to check your employers' policy and procedures though.

Either way, this works. Mocking bird testimonial in bird heaven if needed.

i had this same problem with red-winged blackbirds. I researched and found out they want to fight the bird they see in the reflection of your mirrors and windows. You are probably parking very close to their nest. If you can't move your truck, and you are folding your mirrors in already, not much else you can do.

It should only last several weeks until they are done nesting. after that, they leave you alone. I ended up tying plastic shopping bags over my mirrors when i parked and that put an end to it. you can also try parking the other way- it looks like you backed in. try pulling in forward.

Yup!! I had the exact same issue with a male redwing blackbird. I tried everything to scare him away , make him stop. Decoy bird. Folded mirrors , covered mirrors, etc

Seems keeping my truck clean made it too shiny, once they see their reflection once they will keep going back for the remainder of their nesting season.

Options are:

1) accept the scratches / bird turds until nesting season ends

2) sell your house and move

3) go to war with the bird, saving private Ryan style.

Needless to say I no longer have any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived