Hydro BOOST brakes

I didn't even look at the last service record, but the highlights are:

1: Bleed brake system, warranty

2: Replace master cylinder, warranty

3: Check brake pads, OK., warranty

4: Replace hydroboost unit, customer pay

5: Replace hydroboost unit again, warranty

Each step, one week in the service bay. 2017 Silveraydo with 34.7 month/34.7k mile bumper to bumper warranty remaining. The GM warranty system is a joke. If there is not a TSB for your complaint, then you have to beg them, and pay them to fix it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Why did they charge you for the first Hydroboost unit?? That should be warranty as well. And now that you paid for the first one and the problem was solved with a second one. They should be refunding you that amount!

After picking up my dirty truck on the 4th, parking under my carport, washing it on the 6th, parking it in the garage until the 9th, it finally saw the bright sun! To my dismay there are dents all along the top of the passenger fender. It looks like the guy changing the engine oil must have had a big belt buckle, tools in his pockets, or something. Now I feel like a complete **** for not washing, drying, and inspecting the truck front to back before signing to pick it up. I don't feel like even facing those guys again, so I stopped by a gmc dealer to get a quote on paintless dent removal. As I sat down at the service advisor's desk, I looked over at my rotor and something looked funny. The out side of the rotor is all new machine marks, save for two little strips where the brake pads have been contacting. So now I have to fix dents, but new brake pads, and ensure that the calipers are sitting square with the rotors. I am so over this flimsy piece of sheet, that I sent the letter to chevy corporate, and started a claim through BBB. It will take some sort of miracle for me to get another new 17 GM truck. Another bonus to this "New Road" I've found, is that my grandfather gave his life due to emphysema working on asbestos coated pipes in Flint Truck and Bus ('52-'85).

• 5 months later...

So, a six month update for this thread. The BBB buyback request was denied because I paid for one of the repairs. This disqualified me from the minimum amount of repair attempts, and I was two days short of 30 days out of service. I will keep the truck for a while, but this winter when I have available shop space I will go through the brake system myself. I have not been commuting with the truck, just using it to haul 5k+ trailers, as my 200k mile Avalanche is getting a little tired of pulling that kind of weight. I'm fortunate not to have to rely on this silverado for transportation, and after this experience really feel for those who need their trucks and don't have the means to repair them themselves.

• 5 years later...

So a six year, 42k mile update to this, yep the brakes always have weak.  Just now getting around to figuring out why.  They were down about 50% in contact area on the front.  Rear looks ok.20230319_111525.thumb.jpg.35e9173654ddc411ae927ab600a85ee1.jpg20230319_112120.thumb.jpg.ae2c84950452a8fb7745e75cd62f887e.jpg

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Whilst not the same vehicle or system, our 2019 Honda Odyssey brakes were doing a similar thing.  It would take 2-3 pumps to get them to engage 100%.  If you put the pedal down, it was like they were 25-50% of normal.  Dealer did a brake fluid flush as there was a TSB, no change.  It wasn't until I put new brake pads on that they finally started working correctly.  I changed out the rotors after that as well.  Been going good for a year now.  In the future, any brake issues like that, brake pads and/or rotors will be the 1st thing checked.