Ok, something just started happening with our 2016 GMC 2500HD Denali 4x4 with the diesel.

The remote door lock and unlock won't work every time from either of our fobs. We bought this truck last August so I can't imagine the batteries in both of our fobs have died at the exact same time and only 7 months in. My fob gets used the most with my wife's fob barely getting used at all.

Anyone else experience/experiencing this? And, what did you do to remedy it? I guess we can try replacing batteries first, but batteries only lasting 7 months in a fob? And both failing at the same time, especially given one gets frequent use and one barely gets any use.

We know it's not a fuse because it does work from time to time.

Given that batteries are so cheap, I'd go that route first. If no joy and you can duplicate the issue easily, this sounds like something for the warranty. Perhaps the sensor in the vehicle just needs an adjustment or computer re-programmed.

• Like 1

Colossus, agreed. We will change out the batteries just for that reason. Cheap enough to try. Yeah, I have an appt at the dealer on Monday if the battery doesn't do it.

Change the batteries. Then do you have any aftermarket devices in the vehicle? They can create RFI/EMI that interferes with the remote. USB chargers, Cell phone chargers, dash cams, tuners, anything electrical/electronic that stays powered on?

Change the batteries. Then do you have any aftermarket devices in the vehicle? They can create RFI/EMI that interferes with the remote. USB chargers, Cell phone chargers, dash cams, tuners, anything electrical/electronic that stays powered on?

Waumo1, no devices. Thanks for the idea though.

Definitely weird. It started working yesterday (no battery swap yet) and worked all day. This morning, nada. Swap in a new battery, still nada.

Intermittent problems are the worst.

Now that I put in a new battery I will try the reprogram steps and see if that works.

Edited by Mike Hamm

Well, it's good I took it in to the dealer. Turned out there was a service advisory for an upgrade to the Body Control Module (BCM) which is what controls the remote entry system, among other things. Upgrade done. Now hoping the problem is resolved.

• Like 1

Do you have the tsb service advisory number for the bcm

Here is what it says on the invoice - "155 updated bcm software 2810215.5" In looking up other service advisories, I don't see any number format that matches other advisory numbers format so I'm thinking they didn't put it on the invoice.

Edited by Mike Hamm

Oh boy. I don't know if it's related to the leak I had but now the keyless entry stopped working. AGAIN! Criminy. Good thing it's going in for the leak.

Ah, ze plot zickens. On the way to the dealer, the TPMS stopped working! Well, there is a module for the keyless entry and the TPMS. Remote Function Activation Module, I think it was called. Those 2 things go to that module. So, now the thought is the module needs replacing. It'll be at the dealer on Wednesday and I'll get the truck up there ASAP to get it replaced. Stand by.

Ah, ze plot zickens. On the way to the dealer, the TPMS stopped working! Well, there is a module for the keyless entry and the TPMS. Remote Function Activation Module, I think it was called. Those 2 things go to that module. So, now the thought is the module needs replacing. It'll be at the dealer on Wednesday and I'll get the truck up there ASAP to get it replaced. Stand by.

when it rains it pours....

The module that takes care of the TPMS and door locks is called the RCDLR and usually sits under the dash pad. These can fail especially if water gets in there. RCDLR Remote Control Door Lock Receiver

Edited by Coby7