Sign in to follow this  
Gorehamj

Chevy Adds Bigger Commercial Trucks To Its Mix

post-139450-0-09999100-1489180399_thumb.jpeg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
3-10-2017

Chevy is adding larger commercial trucks to its mix. The new class 6 truck expands Chevy's range of Low Cab Forward trucks. The new 6500XD picks up where the Class 4 and 5 Chevy trucks leave off. Notably, the Class 6 has a dock-height loading deck. These new trucks have bodies up to 30 feet long and can accommodate up to 29,950 pounds of cargo.

The standard engine is a 5.2-liter, four-cylinder turbodiesel, capable of generating 520 lb-ft of torque. The engine is coupled to an Allison 2500 Series 6-speed automatic transmission (with PTO) and Dana axles are standard. Chevy;s commercial truck business has seen seven straight months of growth.

Soooooo it's pretty much.. welcome back to Isusu, GM. *yawn*

• Like 1

Cant wait to see the new GM/Navistar truck line.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By AaronA97
      Hey there, i wanna know if im able to upgrade my steering wheel from my silverado 1500 to the leather, stitched, heated wheel that you find in the LTZ / Z71 trucks.
      If there is a way lemme know step by step how to do it!

thanks 
    • By Bob291
      Looking for a gun safe to fit inside the console or under the back seat small storage area of a 2017 Chevy Colorado.

Any suggestions or ideas on products?
    • By David Goodalis
      Hello all, 

This may be a stupid question but I’ve been on the phone and gone in person to parts counters at my local Chevrolet dealerships and cannot find anyone with an answer. I’m wondering if anyone might know if I can swap the tail lights from a 2018 Silverado into my 2017? I think the 18s look much better but have no clue if they would fit perfectly in. Any information or answers are much appreciated 
    • By ElJefeBlanco
      Hey everyone,

I've owned lifted and lowered vehicles for years, but typically bought them way way. I've never actually done much of the customization myself. 
      I know someone will say something like, try searching the site.....blah, blah, blah. Well, I have and there's so much good (and BS) information out there that it makes my head spin.
      Let me see if I can sum this up as quickly as possible. I have a 2016 Crew Cab 4x4 Silverado (deep ocean blue metallic) that I bought new last year. I had a leveling kit installed at the dealership (it was cheaper than the other places that I talked with), my truck came with 17's, which I absolutely hate. They're super tiny and look out of place.
      My plan is to upgrade to 20's and I want to put the largest tire that I can fit without rubbing. I've read about people putting 32, 33 & 34 inch tires on and claim that none of them rub. I'm not so confident about their claims.
      My other dilemma is that I do no like the look when the tires stick out several inches from the wheel well. That may be great for some people, but not for me. Ideally, I would like the tires to be flush with the wheel wells, but if they were to stick out a half an inch or so I would be ok with that.
      This is where we have to deal with backspacing. I'm sure that it is a simple concept, but it confuses me for some reason. A little bit too much, or too little, will make things look silly.
      I'm assuming that a 20x9 or 20x10 would be the best option, but I'm not sure.

Let me know what you guys, and gals, think.
      Thanks in advance for your help.
    • By Darthvader
      Hi guys, 

I am new here and I have been enjoying my truck for about 7 months now. 

Just figured to take some photos of the truck since the first round of my mods is done. 

Mod list
      - 18 inch Volk Racing TE37 Large PCD Wheels 
      - Retrax Tonneau Cover
      - AMP Research Powerstep

I hope you guys enjoy the photos