The goodyear sr-a's have died!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SRA's are awful tires in every condition. Bfgs are good, but depending on your use there are better tires with a more practical compound and siping. A lot is subjective, unless you've tried them all on your vehicle with your conditions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I used to put BFG AT's on the truck I had back in the 90's. Back then I would get about 35-50k miles out of them. I heard the new ones last a bit longer, but haven't confirmed this.

I liked them for year round use and they were decent in the snow.

Those tires have been around since the 80's at least. They have the sidewall tread now that they didn't have back in the 90's. I might consider them for my next set.

They must have one of the longer productions runs of any modern radial tire; 30 years maybe, or more?

I took my stock goodyear LS2's off at 200 miles. Junk.

I put stock size 275/55-20 Duratracs on. Great tires. Flawless in snow, light mud, long highways.

I almost got the BFG A/T instead. I couldnt find them in stock size at the time. I got stock diameter trying to prevent any issues with the 8 spd and larger tires. Ive had issues with shift points before with larger than stock tires on newer jeeps.

U can't go wrong with radial T/A's - Been around a long time....... As always with new tires - Take it easy for a couple hundred miles - let the mold release wear off.......

:driving:

On an old, now parked, (Because of trans failure) 1993 Chevy Cheyanne with 350K miles, I purchased new BFG Long Trail T/A tires at around 175K miles in 2001 from Sam's Club, Those tires are still on the now parked trucked, still holding air with 20 to 30% tread left, most durable damn tire I ever purchased, when my 2016 Silvy ever needs tires, I know what to get.

I took my stock goodyear LS2's off at 200 miles. Junk.

I put stock size 275/55-20 Duratracs on. Great tires. Flawless in snow, light mud, long highways.

I almost got the BFG A/T instead. I couldnt find them in stock size at the time. I got stock diameter trying to prevent any issues with the 8 spd and larger tires. Ive had issues with shift points before with larger than stock tires on newer jeeps.

Not bad i was going to get those but i heard tread life isnt that good off other internet sources. Plus it was more expensive

I haven't notice shift points of course i drive in manual mode to much so i make my own shift schedule.

Nice tires, I am so glad I dumped my SR-A's... Put cooper AT's on mine but, I would have been happy with those BFG's too.

ya i never thought about buying new tires but since that plug i bit the bullet vs buying 2 crappy ones or same size of tire i was wanting. Stock size seemed a little to small for the truck

Thanks i had several different brands only handcook and good year on 2wd open diffs. but never bfg Haven't tried the mud yet, i am thinking of keeping these instead of switching to nitto ridge grapper wich is a nice tire as well more aggressive stance though.

See the pin hole leak? That thing made me lose air pretty fast. Tire shop plugged it, i can go from 40psi to 20psi in a full day. It was on my RR tire. Thankful it didn't blow out.. also that discoloration was there before i got that hole at my house haha. Hopefully the 10plys will hold up more? They should

576BD904-B16A-437B-AF4B-A21822A06AD4_zps

I know i have a 4x4 so the tires need to be the same lets say i get a bad flat while driving could i use my stock spare and limp to a shop or discount tire if i am close at the time? Or will that tear up my gearing, etc?

BFG ATs suck... said no one ever!! Great choice, cant wait to get them on mine!

They suck at wearing and well the Version 1's ummmm... with much heavy trail riding on the edges the rubber would just "CHUNK OUT" so yeah! There were some things that sucked ass with em.....

I ended up giving up on "TKO'S tires due uneven wear and chunking out sidewall tread......Yes, I probably could have been more anal with tire pressures and rotation but Phoenix weather and hulky thread I don't due anymore.

Not bad i was going to get those but i heard tread life isnt that good off other internet sources. Plus it was more expensive

I haven't notice shift points of course i drive in manual mode to much so i make my own shift schedule.

Archived