The goodyear sr-a's have died!!

Duratracs were a bucket list tire for me. The national park service law enforcement runs them year round here above 7,000 feet in Colorado on their Tahoes so i figured it was a good choice for me.

Ive owned two sets of General Grabber AT2's and a used set of gen 1 BFG AT's. Loved them in everything but ice and packed snow. The duratracs seem to bite slightly better. No experience with the Ko2's though. They look really nice!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defenders are something I will be looking at sooner than later

The Defenders have noticeably better traction in slippery conditions than oem. Auto 4wd is a popular option and many people can use this to compensate for low traction tires. The most noticeable improvement I have found since switching to Defenders is in braking and no more spinning tires when accelerating in 2wd! The op will also notice tremendous improvement in these areas with his new tires!

I have the Bridgestone dueler all terrains with the more aggressive tread on my 22 inch gm rims. The perform great accept when driving on dirt roads. The tread is the perfect size to collect every rock it rolls over. I literally spend 30 minutes with a screw driver picking out hundreds of stones that didn't fall out after a 2 hour ride back from hunting camp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Anyone else use Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10? I put some "E" rated on my last truck (2011 F150 Ecoboost) and got 70,000 miles out of them. I could put another 10K on them if it was summer, but hunting season was coming and I had to get new rubber. I obviously replaced them with the exact same tire. I just traded up yo my 2016 Sierra 2500HD and cant wait until the OE Transforce tires wear out! :)

And I thought I was OCD!!!

I wish I had a picture from last trip after they put fresh gravel down on the dirt roads. I think every square inch of tread was packed with stones. When one let's loose at 75 mph it sounds like a bomb going off in your wheels wells

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I know i have a 4x4 so the tires need to be the same lets say i get a bad flat while driving could i use my stock spare and limp to a shop or discount tire if i am close at the time? Or will that tear up my gearing, etc?

Are you sure you have a 4x4? Either way 4wd doesn't matter with a 1 inch difference or so in size with the spare, you can put it on and drive for a while til you get it replaced. They are open diffs so they can turn different speeds. If anything I would run the spare on the front unless the math shows the difference in sizes won't be more than 100 rpm from either side of the rear axle as that is the difference at which it locks if I remember correctly. You should be fine either way.

BFG ATs suck... said no one ever!! Great choice, cant wait to get them on mine!

BFG's aren't the greatest tire either, about mid pack in AT tire terms due to performance and the insanely higher price they ask. You could say it is the BMW of tires...

Tyler

Its a little tight when turning left at lock.

Also did a wot pull from close to stop and it hooked and went without spinning. 1DD72C14-1C33-4011-A1EB-ECBDEFA78EB5_zps

Prob hooked without spinning because those tires a quite a bit heavier than the stockers meaning a little loss in performance and mileage.

Are you sure you have a 4x4? Either way 4wd doesn't matter with a 1 inch difference or so in size with the spare, you can put it on and drive for a while til you get it replaced. They are open diffs so they can turn different speeds. If anything I would run the spare on the front unless the math shows the difference in sizes won't be more than 100 rpm from either side of the rear axle as that is the difference at which it locks if I remember correctly. You should be fine either way.

BFG's aren't the greatest tire either, about mid pack in AT tire terms due to performance and the insanely higher price they ask. You could say it is the BMW of tires...

Tyler

Thanks i have always been told run the same size of tire: i am wondering if nitto ridge grappers are better they cost roughly the same.. I got 30 days unti i own them for good. I dont think i can run the ridge grapper due to the design of the tire. These tires are close to rubbing as is.

Very nice. When I bought my truck, I was looking to replace them with either the BFG All-Terrains or the Nitto Terra Graplers. I went with the BFG's for their long term reputation and the classic all-terrain tread pattern. I also got the 285-65-18's on mine. They have a little bit less side wall than the 275-70's, but the tread is a little bit wider.

For semi-aggressive AT tires, they are surprisingly quiet on the highway. They have plenty of bite in the dirt, and they look good! The only thing I am watching is that they only have about 3500 miles on them and the outside edges seem to be wearing. I have a leveling kit on my truck, which might be contributing to it. I'll have my dealer check the alignment when I bring it in for an oil change later this spring.

The only thing I am watching is that they only have about 3500 miles on them and the outside edges seem to be wearing. I have a leveling kit on my truck, which might be contributing to it. I'll have my dealer check the alignment when I bring it in for an oil change later this spring.

I would make a special trip to the dealership to have my alignment checked and tires rotated asap if I noticed premature wear on the outside edges of my tires. If they are not wearing evenly, they will wear rapidly. I learned this through practical experience ;-)

I went with the Falkens. They are very good tires. Love the bfg ko2 though. I couldn't afford the bfgs otherwise there would be a set on my truck too.

2014 Chevy silverado Z71 DCSB w/Bilstein 5100 level

i did notice they were way cheaper then the bfg and it was a better tire. biased on a comparison on discount.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=filterTireProducts.do&fl=&pc=26817&counter=0&ar=70&rd=18&cs=275

i am still undecided on these, they preform a lot better though.

Archived