Cutting the Cable, Looking for some advice

what do you want to keep doing that you're currently doing? live TV, HBO, etc?

I watch HGTV, Discovery, CMT, MSNBC, History Channel adn wahtever channel the NASCAR race is on. for the most part. The wife watches a few more channels, but I have no idea what they are.

I am going to start by getting an OTA antenna and try it while I have cable in place, then cut the cord and add Netflix or what ever I need to get the channels that keeps us in the same rut we are in.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watch HGTV, Discovery, CMT, MSNBC, History Channel adn wahtever channel the NASCAR race is on. for the most part. The wife watches a few more channels, but I have no idea what they are.

I am going to start by getting an OTA antenna and try it while I have cable in place, then cut the cord and add Netflix or what ever I need to get the channels that keeps us in the same rut we are in.

You'll have a hard time cutting the cord if you watch a lot of live TV. Only issue really, until Hulu comes out with live streaming later this year.

We have an Amazon Fire TV in the living room, and a Fire TV Stick in the bedroom. We have Netflix, Hulu and Sling TV. Between those three and whatever is offered through Amazon Prime we never have an issue finding things to watch. All in we pay around $50 per month for the services.

We have an Amazon Fire TV in the living room, and a Fire TV Stick in the bedroom. We have Netflix, Hulu and Sling TV. Between those three and whatever is offered through Amazon Prime we never have an issue finding things to watch. All in we pay around $50 per month for the services.

Is that $50 include your internet service? Or just for Hulu, Netflix, Sling and Prime?

Just for Hulu, Netflix, Sling and Prime. Internet is another $59.99 for 200Mbps.

Yeah, I figured as much.

If you get bored, google how to put kodi on your fire stick and box. . Then you can cancel hulu and netflix.

Yeah, I figured as much.

If you get bored, google how to put kodi on your fire stick and box. . Then you can cancel hulu and netflix.

Already know about that. Fiancé likes Netflix, but we'll probably end up cancelling Hulu. Haven't decided on Sling yet though, probably won't keep it past this month.

Already know about that. Fiancé likes Netflix, but we'll probably end up cancelling Hulu. Haven't decided on Sling yet though, probably won't keep it past this month.

I was about to cancel DIRECTV Now, but before my prepaid was up they offered a free year of HBO with HBO Go access. Hulu I like for abc, NBC, and fox. I have cbs all access. Don't watch Netflix much. I am at $164 total. Still $45 a month cheaper than with cable and internet before

I called Spectrum (brighthouse) first and they quoted me 69.99 plus tax per month for 60/10 internet with a 34.99 install fee. They then tried to up sell me to the same package I have now but upping the speed to 60/10 from 20/2 for 197.65.

I called Frontier next and they quoted me 50/50 for 55, 100/100 for 65, or 150/150 for 75 with a 99 dollar install fee. I was deciding on what speed I wanted from Frontier when a sale paper showed up in the mail from Spectrum.....89.97 for 100/10, free HD, DVR, On Demand, modem, 411 calls, and taxes are included. Pricing is guaranteed for 1 year, so this solves everything. I call them back and ask about this offer and they tell me that I can't have it because I am an existing customer of 10 years. Only new customers get to save over a 100 bucks a month for a year. Now I am pissed at them and tell the customer service/sales person so.

I need to decide on what speed I need today and order from Frontier. See ya Spectrum.

We are spoiled with DirecTV HD DVR's. Now if Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Ruku would incorporate an HD DVR life would be great! We don't have time to watch regular TV. We record everything and watch our shows when we can.

I called Spectrum (brighthouse) first and they quoted me 69.99 plus tax per month for 60/10 internet with a 34.99 install fee. They then tried to up sell me to the same package I have now but upping the speed to 60/10 from 20/2 for 197.65.

I called Frontier next and they quoted me 50/50 for 55, 100/100 for 65, or 150/150 for 75 with a 99 dollar install fee. I was deciding on what speed I wanted from Frontier when a sale paper showed up in the mail from Spectrum.....89.97 for 100/10, free HD, DVR, On Demand, modem, 411 calls, and taxes are included. Pricing is guaranteed for 1 year, so this solves everything. I call them back and ask about this offer and they tell me that I can't have it because I am an existing customer of 10 years. Only new customers get to save over a 100 bucks a month for a year. Now I am pissed at them and tell the customer service/sales person so.

I need to decide on what speed I need today and order from Frontier. See ya Spectrum.

Is your house already wired and set up for Frontier? If so, I would try and get the install fee waived from Frontier and go with the 100/100. Tell them that you're considering switching from Spectrum, but that's a sticking point.

Also, if they don't have any yearly plans, you can ask spectrum how long after you cancel, before you can qualify as a new customer again. It'll vary from 2-4 months.

Archived