New to me 2015 2500HD High Country Towing Vibration

I just took delivery on my new to me 2015 2500HD High Country and I noticed the other day that while towing my 22ft boat a shaking or low frequency vibration at around 63mph started. I'm hoping I'm not doomed to the dreaded chevy shake. It just vibrates ever so slightly without towing. Any thoughts?

Start with tires, have them re-balanced. Look for a shop that uses the newer Hunter road force type balancers.

I have the 305/70R20 terra grapplers on there with about 60% of tread left. Hopefully that's it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Start with tires, have them re-balanced. Look for a shop that uses the newer Hunter road force type balancers.

This is what i would do to. My 15 is smooth as silk start with balance and ask how each tire balanced out.

This is what i would do to. My 15 is smooth as silk start with balance and ask how each tire balanced out. I usually slip in the work bay and chit chat with the tire tech. I found most of them will tell you if you of the tires needed more weights or if he found anything of concern

Doesn't this seem to be more of an issue with 20" wheels than 18" wheels? Seems many forum threads where vibration is an issue, 20" wheels seem to be used. Not really many negative comments from those that are using 18" wheels.

I got the tires road force balanced and it improved things slightly. Come to find out though, like someone mentioned the trailer was out of balance. Thanks for the replies!

yep trailer tires can send some vibrations, I had my tandem trailer other day was sending some vibes at about 68-72mph if i was below that speed it was fine. Took the trailer in they found one tire needed 3 ounces good grief :banghead: another was off .5 ounce. That's all it took its fine now but I run gravel roads all the time so its hard on wheels and tires. Glad you figured it out

Archived