2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Visits the GM-Trucks.com Garage

Zane

Mine is in transit - was built sometime between 2/27 and 3/1, Dealer says it was on a train car on Mar 8.P.raying it arrives at the dealer next week so I can take delivery next Sat. Taking a week long camping trip on Mar 31 Looking forward to a new truck to tow my new trailer (coming in April)a 7000 lb 31' monster.

Mine is in transit - was built sometime between 2/27 and 3/1, Dealer says it was on a train car on Mar 8.P.raying it arrives at the dealer next week so I can take delivery next Sat. Taking a week long camping trip on Mar 31 Looking forward to a new truck to tow my new trailer (coming in April)a 7000 lb 31' monster.

Nice! Let us know how this BEAST performed for ya! I was drooling all over one a couple days ago at the dealer......

Isn't there a break-in period that you're supposed to wait before towing something (certain number of miles I think)? Just curious because I'll likely be in the same situation when I get a new truck later this year. Thanks.

Isn't there a break-in period that you're supposed to wait before towing something (certain number of miles I think)? Just curious because I'll likely be in the same situation when I get a new truck later this year. Thanks.

Yes there is a break in period, on my last truck it was like 500mi. I will probably have 60 mi by the time I get home from the dealership! Maybe even more if I take the really long way home. The first tow will be with my old TT and only 100mi, then the next week will be running around the coast sightseeing. I plan on taking it real easy on the first tow.

Yes, you are suppose to put a 1,000 miles on it before towing. Then you are supposed to keep it under 50 mph for the first 500 miles of towing. I solved that problem by mapping out a trip to the a campground that is accessible by going on back roads. It actually made it a fun trip because we explored some areas that we had never seen because we took the fast route. The milage was right at 500 miles. Then on the next trip, towed the old trailer down to the RV dealer and drove away with our new 5th wheel .

Nice truck there one interesting item I saw on the sticker it has 4.10 rear end. Thought the Duramax got the 3.73. HMM Cool that a pulling beast there for sure.

I thought the same thing

The 4.10 listed on the left side of the sticker is standard along with the 6.0 engine. After adding the diesel option the sticker shows 3.73 on the right included. All the stuff on the right side of the sticker is what's pertinent since whenever an option is added, it overrides what's on the left. Example, it might show standard 18" aluminum wheels with such and such tires on the left side of the sticker but you ordered 20" chrome. The ordered wheels along with different tires will be listed on the right side.

• 8 months later...

Archived