The new exhaust flapper design

Does it look the same as the pic in this post? Does it still have the 2 inch bypass tube?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Here is the new bypass valve design.

post-140674-0-15263900-1489600124.jpeg

But how the heck would one clamp it open?

Safety wire...

My 2017 5.3 Crew Cab has the old style valve, mounted after the muffler before the resonator. My 2017 was built in August, so fairly early in the MY.

I ditched AFM and the stock exhaust which is going to be collecting dust in my basement indefinitely.

Edited by AaronArf
  • Like 1

Safety wire...

My 2017 5.3 Crew Cab has the old style valve, mounted after the muffler before the resonator. My 2017 was built in August, so fairly early in the MY.

I ditched AFM and the stock exhaust which is going to be collecting dust in my basement indefinitely.

They probably had to use up inventory of the old design. What exhaust did you put on?

Do you have that on your truck?

No I did a muffler delete. I found this online when I was considering adding the bypass pipe to mine.

Corsa Sport, it rocks!

I saw the videos of that. Think it would be too loud for my taste, do lots of highway driving. I wanted to look at corsa touring version but haven't been able to find a sound clip.

I saw the videos of that. Think it would be too loud for my taste, do lots of highway driving. I wanted to look at corsa touring version but haven't been able to find a sound clip.

I initially was going for the touring model but decided to just gamble with the sport. It really isn't that loud, I do a lot of highway miles (almost 9k total 2k with exhaust on a two month old truck) and it is super quiet with cruise control on 55-65. Cold start, hard acceleration or under load sure its loud but not annoying like exhausts I've had on previous vehicles. Even while doing hands free phone calls its not an issue...hell I hammered it to see if they could hear it...and nope.

never heard the rattle because mine left the dealer with a MagnaFlow cat back

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

You missed out buddy. Clamping your flapper open is kind of like a right of passage for gm truck owners[emoji106]

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had my new exhaust put on this morning with the redesigned flapper. So far no rattle like I had before. I also noticed the old one used to whistle when I had the back slider open, this new one seems quiet with no whistle. Lastly in v4 say 50 mph up a slight incline the old one used to sound like crap and make a vibration through the steering wheel. The new one seems quieter and less vibration. See how she goes after a few weeks, but as of now I would say GM improved on the design.

• Like 2