The new exhaust flapper design

Picture please. I got a flapper valve off of a member but expletive say it might whistle if I have it out back on. Do like to soon how you did yours

The pictures of the new flapper is in the first post. It is right in front of the muffler. The old valve had two square knobs on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1300c do you have a full pic of entire new updated flapper valve & I-pipe, Curious about the flex joint?

No I don't, but I'll look, and see what I can find. According to borla though when I talked to them that was the only change they mentioned to the system. So I take it the flex pipe has remained unchanged.

I saw the videos of that. Think it would be too loud for my taste, do lots of highway driving. I wanted to look at corsa touring version but haven't been able to find a sound clip.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I originally considered the touring as well, but didn't want to spend 1k to be basically a touch over stock sound! Ended up just doing the sport.

Hello internet! Here's some pics of the new pipe, when I pull the old I pipe out I'll take some side-by-side pictures to get some guys a better idea of the old system GM-Borla versus the new system

After installing 2 Borla exhaust systems on the trucks that "flex pipe" is so much better than the straight pipe, it should standard on the non-GM cat-backs

49ca97cab66b613362710739b1a35c8d.jpg

2dcaa0008967326b8d881d9473ff3513.jpg

a33e085e41d271613b9ad63477417d68.jpg

3c60f0f210860a794a7aa1805a6fe383.jpg

4b03b758f38a8aa10ffd578e4469f580.jpg

8bd95f43d701122cc03b959e5ec8cc3f.jpg

Edited by camcamaro1991

Wiring?

the Flapper valve is for the AFM mode, when in v4 cylinder mode it dampens the exhaust pulses to reduce exhaust noise "aka helicopter sound"

meaning safety wire to keep it open know what its for i mean whats the advantage off keeping it open ?

meaning safety wire to keep it open know what its for i mean whats the advantage off keeping it open ?

Maybe I wasn't clear.

With the new design GM-Borla <-(ONLY) if held open by external means like safety wire it would just be like a standard straight trough pipe with no flapper, hard to tell in the pic but the valve is offset on the GM-borla so it can open "in theory" 100% (its tucked inside that square space when UP), the current & old GM design does not allow for this, the valve will still be in the direct flow of the exhaust.

GM & non GM-Borla current design does NOT have a pocket like GM-Borla's, not sure why some would you need to hold it open unless you had AFM disabled just buy a non GM Borla.

Borla ensured me the new GM-Borla design is much improved, after seeing it in person I agree its a much better "I-pipe" its already quieter when operating the flapper valve by hand, inclding better flow.

Edited by camcamaro1991