People Suck...

Never once have I had a vehicle vandalized or broken into until yesterday. Was at an offsite location for work training and came back to this. Looks like they used a screwdriver or something similar to pry out the window based on the frame damage. Tore apart the inside of the truck including pulling and breaking the panels off of the rear of both front seats. I carry my firearms and valuables with me, so nothing missing.

Where I was parked was mainly reserved NAVY, Marines and local PD. I was told 3 vehicles including a marked patrol car were broken into last week. My guess is due to my tint, light bar in the grill and blue lines on truck was probably mistaken for govt vehicle. I assume they were looking for firearms/electronics.

And now the fun begins getting things fixed...

d0e0ed899928d4e74832477209b82cba.jpg6fd34f6283b1dd041a72c1d27217edbb.jpgdf2b224f3d243686e5ac9c6eb5218fd1.jpg3d1b4aee154cc0068a341d71e552dacd.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing worse then liars and thieves. Sorry to hear man. Beautiful truck you have there. Too bad you didn't catch them in the act.

Sucks. My condolences.

I never even considered those easy remove panels for good hidey holes. Which probably explains why I'm not a professional theif. I'd suck at my job.

Unfortunately I know this feeling as well. My 2012 Sierra Denali was broken in one day when I went into work on my off day. Luckily I didn't have any damage except for a broken window which cost $120 to replace and re-tint. I wonder if you'll need a new door.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That sucks. I had a Grand Prix that was vandalized in the first month of ownership. I went to a high school baskeball game with a friend who had a son playing. In other words, I didn't have a kid on either side and no stickers identifying a school! I parked way out from the school directly under a light (again, new car) to come out and find it keyed and spit on. Life goes one, it's all fixable but it still sucks.

Yea I'm over it. Just one of those things that's more of a hassle to deal with after than the initial surprise of the incident. That is a prime example of why I always carry my weapons on me or in a bag around my shoulder.

Got quoted for $1100-1500 to cover all the damage. My deductible is $1000 so my pocket is going to take the hit on this one.

Just spoke with building management and got pics of the guys entering/leaving the garage and video of the incident. Newer Benz C300 with paper plates, probably fake. Going to have my contacts in law enforcement run it anyway, but probably lead to nothing.

Man that sucks. When I was in high school, my mom had a Jeep Wrangler that she would let me drive occasionally. I drove it to rowing practice one day, which was held in a local park near the water (naturally). It was a nice day so I had the top down and left it that way.

After practice, I came back to find three gallons of muratic acid dumped all over the back seat. The hazmat team had to be called in to clean up the vehicle before they could start fixing it. It was $7,000.00 worth of damage by the time it was all said and done. I never did find out who did it, but I have my suspicions.

There are some things that happen that you just aren't prepared for.

Man that sucks. When I was in high school, my mom had a Jeep Wrangler that she would let me drive occasionally. I drove it to rowing practice one day, which was held in a local park near the water (naturally). It was a nice day so I had the top down and left it that way.

After practice, I came back to find three gallons of muratic acid dumped all over the back seat. The hazmat team had to be called in to clean up the vehicle before they could start fixing it. It was $7,000.00 worth of damage by the time it was all said and done. I never did find out who did it, but I have my suspicions.

Yea I'm over it. Just one of those things that's more of a hassle to deal with after than the initial surprise of the incident. That is a prime example of why I always carry my weapons on me or in a bag around my shoulder.

Got quoted for $1100-1500 to cover all the damage. My deductible is $1000 so my pocket is going to take the hit on this one.

Just spoke with building management and got pics of the guys entering/leaving the garage and video of the incident. Newer Benz C300 with paper plates, probably fake. Going to have my contacts in law enforcement run it anyway, but probably lead to nothing.

That seems like a pretty reasonable quote. Sucks that we all pay for insurance but then dread using it over fear of our rates increasing. Such a stupid system in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That sucks, glad nothing expensive was taken! I have never been broken into (knock on wood) but I have been keyed before and the feeling when you first see that is the worst.

good thing you are smart and take gun/valuables with you. im in atlanta and apd said the pieces of sh*t that do this stuff target trucks because they know we are gun owners. next door neighbor had his truck broken into and had his 357 stolen. sorry to hear about this. good luck with everything

I hate thieves! Walked to my 75 Corvette once and it was sitting on cinder blocks. They probably stole the cinder blocks from someone else. Only silver lining is it had 4 new Bridgestone tires that I had flat spotted the week before in a panic braking situation when an RCMP pulled a U-turn on the highway. Got 4 new BFGoodrich, rims, trim rings, center caps and 20 lug nuts from insurance claim. I hate thieves!

Archived