Muffler delete vs Muffler&Resonator delete.

I currently have the original muffler and flapper replaced by a piece of pipe while retaining the resonator. It sounds like I have a aftermarket exhaust however I would like it a bit louder. I want to replace the pieced together pipe with a stainless pipe that exits exactly like the stock pipe. Has anyone done this and how does it sound.

I did the resonator and muffler delete. Only difference is mine exits out the back center where the trailer hitch was. Sounds great. Not really any drone either. I'll get a video up soon

I have been considering a borla exhaust but pretty expensive since really only looking for some better sound. Do deletes affect anything with emissions or issues with inspections? Also I really no nothing about trucks so excuse the question, I know what a muffler is but what is a resonator. Also do deletes cause issue with drone?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I did the resonator and muffler delete. Only difference is mine exits out the back center where the trailer hitch was. Sounds great. Not really any drone either. I'll get a video up soon

I need a picture. I'm doing the same exit I'd like to see how yours is

I know what a muffler is but what is a resonator. Also do deletes cause issue with drone?

The specific purpose of the resonator is to eliminate drone. The purpose of the flapper is to eliminate V4 chop.

I have been considering a borla exhaust but pretty expensive since really only looking for some better sound. Do deletes affect anything with emissions or issues with inspections? Also I really no nothing about trucks so excuse the question, I know what a muffler is but what is a resonator. Also do deletes cause issue with drone?

To answer your questions.

It won't affect your emission sensors. If your state requires the use of a muffler then you will be breaking the law when inspected.

The resonator has a straight through design that stops certain unwanted exhaust noises from entering the cab, and also to help improve the sound of the exhaust without restricting the exhaust flow.

Drone is that constant "hum" from the exhaust while at a constant speed. In v4 mode the engine makes a very annoying helicopter sound inside the cab. The adaptive exhaust valve (or flapper) helps stop the helicopter sound. It's located after the muffler. It's spring loaded and is open in v8 mode, and closes in v4 mode. If you leave it in, you won't have the helicopter sound,or drone to an extent. I hope this helps.

I need a picture. I'm doing the same exit I'd like to see how yours is

Yes sir give me a little bit and I'll pull the beast out of the garage.

The resonator is kind of like a second muffler. I haven't had any issues with the delete affecting my performance or emissions. As long as the cats and o2 sensors are present inspections wont be a problem.

Archived