Questions about adding aftermarket headunit

Hello,I recently purchased a 2014 Silverado /1500/Regular cab/ WT . Well I'm sure you guys know it has the 4" Screen and I want to install an aftermarket headunit maybe 7" . Now I've done some research and watched YouTube videos of installations but I've come here to help clear up some questions I have still.

My Truck didn't come with Backup camera/Navigation/ Bluetooth or controls on the steering wheel. Pretty basic , I know. So that being said can I just buy a headunit and trim kit and expect it to be plug and play ? Or do I need an additional part ? I saw where some guys were talking about need a certain MIR or 1o3 or something. Please help.

is this what you are looking for?

avic-6200nex_1.jpg
image_product01_big_2_3.jpg Kenwood DNX693S AV Navigation System with Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth and HD Radio
Pioneer AVIC-5200NEX 6.2" Navigation AV Receiver

(No reviews)

Be the first to

Write a Review
was $949.99 Special Price$729.96
In stock
SKU
AVIC5200N
Qty
Add to Cart
  • Apple CarPlay Compatible
  • AppRadio Mode for iPhone
  • Siri Eyes Free Compatible
avic-5200nex_1.jpgavic-5200nex_1.jpgavic-5200nex_1.jpg
avic-5200nex.jpgavic-5200nex.jpg
avic-5200nex_2.jpgavic-5200nex_2.jpg
FREEBack-UpCameraBug.png
Free Install
987654321876543210SavingsBug-empty.png
avic-5200nex_1.jpg
avic-5200nex_2.jpg
avic-5200nex.jpg

You are gonna have to add modules for steering wheel controls, OnStar and door chime as well. It's not just the deck.

My truck steering wheel doesn't have the steering wheel controls for audio.

The module you mention, mine in my truck I03 can you help me understand what module I need for Nav/bluetooth/camera?

is this what you are looking for?

avic-6200nex_1.jpg

image_product01_big_2_3.jpg Kenwood DNX693S AV Navigation System with Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth and HD Radio

Pioneer AVIC-5200NEX 6.2" Navigation AV Receiver

(No reviews)

Be the first toWrite a Review

was $949.99 Special Price$729.96

In stock

SKU

AVIC5200N

Qty

Add to Cart

Wish List CompareEmail

• Apple CarPlay Compatible
  • AppRadio Mode for iPhone
  • Siri Eyes Free Compatible

avic-5200nex_1.jpgavic-5200nex_1.jpgavic-5200nex_1.jpg

avic-5200nex.jpgavic-5200nex.jpg

avic-5200nex_2.jpgavic-5200nex_2.jpg

FREEBack-UpCameraBug.png

Free Install

987654321876543210SavingsBug-empty.png

avic-5200nex_1.jpg

avic-5200nex_2.jpg

avic-5200nex.jpg

Thank you for responding, These look nice. Can you tell me what module I need , if I need one ? My tuck has I03 module with 4" Radio no onstar/Bluetooth/ nav

Thank you for responding, These look nice. Can you tell me what module I need , if I need one ? My tuck has I03 module with 4" Radio no onstar/Bluetooth/ nav

to be honest, I do not have a clue. I just pulled that from Car Toys website as mentioned by another poster. I would give them a call, or someone in your area and see what you need to get this done. they should be able to tell everything you need to know.

My truck steering wheel doesn't have the steering wheel controls for audio.

The module you mention, mine in my truck I03 can you help me understand what module I need for Nav/bluetooth/camera?

When I did my 14, I had 700$ in extra stuff over the install, good thing my best friend is master audio installer. The modules make all your aftermarket stuff work with the truck. Things like OnStar etc. I don't know what options you have and what you may or may not need. I just know for myself, it wasn't just a deck.

When I did my 14, I had 700$ in extra stuff over the install, good thing my best friend is master audio installer. The modules make all your aftermarket stuff work with the truck. Things like OnStar etc. I don't know what options you have and what you may or may not need. I just know for myself, it wasn't just a deck.

Thanks for responding, my truck doesn't have onstar/nav /backup camera/ Bluetooth but I want to install a aftermarket headunit with these features. Btw my module is I03

to be honest, I do not have a clue. I just pulled that from Car Toys website as mentioned by another poster. I would give them a call, or someone in your area and see what you need to get this done. they should be able to tell everything you need to know.

That's what I'll most likely do. Nice truck btw!

Archived