2015 Silverado exhaust.. void warranty?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only time they will void warranty and this is coming from my dealer, others are different.

1. is something to do with the exhaust its self

2. you throw a set of long tube headers on.

he said the part has to be determined that it caused a fail. (like an 6" lift causing a trans failure, etc)

I'm wanting to get a full bolt on exhaust kit. The kit is Carven exhaust, it's not on their website yet but on their Instagram it says you can order it 3/17

It's a cat back system.

Will this void my warranty? Will it leaves codes in the computer? I have only 15k miles on my truck, not trying to void the warranty just yet

Nope, won't void the warranty. Have at it!

I ordered one of the Carven kits on Friday myself. Opted for the "Competitor Series" with the dual tip option. Even at $749 for the dual ceramic tips, its much cheaper than many comparable options that are $1000+ and made of inferior materials. The "Competitor" kits comes with a proprietary muffler for the Silverados that they say is aggressive with minimal drone. I'll try to get some pics and sound clips once I get it mounted up!

I ordered one of the Carven kits on Friday myself. Opted for the "Competitor Series" with the dual tip option. Even at $749 for the dual ceramic tips, its much cheaper than many comparable options that are $1000+ and made of inferior materials. The "Competitor" kits comes with a proprietary muffler for the Silverados that they say is aggressive with minimal drone. I'll try to get some pics and sound clips once I get it mounted up!

I just dont know if I can do that. My buddy just got the carven replacement for his dodge ram.

While it sounds good, it cost him only 400. And honestly, when he started his truck after he removed just the muffler. It sounded almost like it with the carven installed. I know it's not the same, but back in the day I had duals put on my 01 chevy. Everything including muffler,pipes and tips was like 300 dollars.

I just dont know if I can do that. My buddy just got the carven replacement for his dodge ram.

While it sounds good, it cost him only 400. And honestly, when he started his truck after he removed just the muffler. It sounded almost like it with the carven installed. I know it's not the same, but back in the day I had duals put on my 01 chevy. Everything including muffler,pipes and tips was like 300 dollars.

Yeah, I definitely understand your concerns, I went through all the same things before deciding to pull the trigger.

For what it's worth my thought process was along these lines: Yes, I could just buy a muffler and have a local shop weld it up for cheaper but then it's permanent and doesn't come with Carven's warranty for the whole system. I also like that the whole system is 304 stainless when you buy the Carven Kit, a local shop probably wouldn't use that. Comparing the price of the Ram to Silverado kits is a bit apples to oranges because the Ram kit utilizes the stock Ram dual exits and tips, its basically just the muffler with inlet and outlets attached, whereas the silverado kit has a mid-pipe, muffler, tail pipe and tips. As far as sound, the Silverado Competitor kit actually uses a proprietary muffler that's not the R or TR. As far as I can tell it's a hybrid of the two so it should be slightly quieter than the R and louder than the TR and that muffler isn't available outside the kit.

Anyway, not trying to sell you on it or anything, that's just how I was thinking about it.

Yeah, I definitely understand your concerns, I went through all the same things before deciding to pull the trigger.

For what it's worth my thought process was along these lines: Yes, I could just buy a muffler and have a local shop weld it up for cheaper but then it's permanent and doesn't come with Carven's warranty for the whole system. I also like that the whole system is 304 stainless when you buy the Carven Kit, a local shop probably wouldn't use that. Comparing the price of the Ram to Silverado kits is a bit apples to oranges because the Ram kit utilizes the stock Ram dual exits and tips, its basically just the muffler with inlet and outlets attached, whereas the silverado kit has a mid-pipe, muffler, tail pipe and tips. As far as sound, the Silverado Competitor kit actually uses a proprietary muffler that's not the R or TR. As far as I can tell it's a hybrid of the two so it should be slightly quieter than the R and louder than the TR and that muffler isn't available outside the kit.

Anyway, not trying to sell you on it or anything, that's just how I was thinking about it.

have decided im probably just going to hold off on exhaust for now. Maybe 10k miles or so more down the road ill probably just go to an exhaust shop and have them weld me up something for less than 300 dollars

Interested in hearing this.

have decided im probably just going to hold off on exhaust for now. Maybe 10k miles or so more down the road ill probably just go to an exhaust shop and have them weld me up something for less than 300 dollars

For 300 dollars you'll be able to get a good set up. I'm at about $200 with my Carven R and having the exhaust shop replacing my muffler and resonator. I wanted a Corsa but unfortunately I don't have $1000+ laying around, I'm more than happy with my setup but of course I want it louder now lol.

For 300 dollars you'll be able to get a good set up. I'm at about $200 with my Carven R and having the exhaust shop replacing my muffler and resonator. I wanted a Corsa but unfortunately I don't have $1000+ laying around, I'm more than happy with my setup but of course I want it louder now lol.

with just the carven r muffler installed at the shop your at 200? I know its the not same but my buddies dodge has the bolt in Carven kit and at $3XX i would have been disappointed. Sure its louder, but i dont think anywhere near $3XX worth louder. Especially when i could get a almost full exhaust system with my choice muffler and tip at the price of what he paid for that.

You said your having them remove the muffler and resonator now? Meaning the carven r muffler?

with just the carven r muffler installed at the shop your at 200? I know its the not same but my buddies dodge has the bolt in Carven kit and at $3XX i would have been disappointed. Sure its louder, but i dont think anywhere near $3XX worth louder. Especially when i could get a almost full exhaust system with my choice muffler and tip at the price of what he paid for that.

You said your having them remove the muffler and resonator now? Meaning the carven r muffler?

It's not always about what is loudest. Some want more sound but not over the top. Also, price usually depends on materials and warranty as well. Most shops will give you a muffler and piping for $200-300, but it is not stainless steel piping, it is aluminized steel. Which is fine, but stainless steel holds up better in states that deal with snow. When you buy a complete system (cat back) from a vendor, usually they are all stainless steel with some kind of warranty (borla is forever practically). A shop might give you 30 days or something, but not much of a warranty. There is not right or wrong way, it is all personal preference.

Yeah around $80 for the Carven and then another $120 for the guy to add 3 inch piping where my resonator was and of course adding piping to the Carven . The Carven is so much smaller the guy had to use more piping, yeah I could of searched different exhaust shops to find a better deal but I was tired of my truck sounding like a car.post-165154-14902194852_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

post-165154-14902194852_thumb.jpg

It's not always about what is loudest. Some want more sound but not over the top. Also, price usually depends on materials and warranty as well. Most shops will give you a muffler and piping for $200-300, but it is not stainless steel piping, it is aluminized steel. Which is fine, but stainless steel holds up better in states that deal with snow. When you buy a complete system (cat back) from a vendor, usually they are all stainless steel with some kind of warranty (borla is forever practically). A shop might give you 30 days or something, but not much of a warranty. There is not right or wrong way, it is all personal preference.

That is true, the whole warranty thing, Carven has a 100 year warranty. Didnt think about that.

Yeah around $80 for the Carven and then another $120 for the guy to add 3 inch piping where my resonator was and of course adding piping to the Carven . The Carven is so much smaller the guy had to use more piping, yeah I could of searched different exhaust shops to find a better deal but I was tired of my truck sounding like a car.attachicon.gif20161229_144113.jpg

So you left the flapper, had the carven muffler installed and removed the resonator at the very end of the exhaust pipe?

Replace stock muffler with Carven. Cut out flapper and resonator. Hopefully will go back to dump exhaust before rear axle or maybe get 3" exhaust from cats back, no muffler this time though

Have you had a chance to capture some sound yet?

Archived