Yup...another header thread.

Who is that in your Avatar? Grandfather? It's cool i like it! Where are u in Ms.

RT

That is Tommy Shelby (Cillian Murphy) from Peaky Blinders. It's a BBC original that Netflix airs to the U.S. about the Peaky Blinder gang in Birmingham England in the early 1900s after the war. Highly recommend it.

I'm in northern MS about an hour from Memphis. Which has me actually contemplating a Dynotune from dynospeed racing, though i'm trying to find more info on it at the moment. Probably be heading to Jackson in August though assuming i get into UMMC's masters program i applied to.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good I'm just west of the Hell Hole Jackson here in Clinton... Im gonna have Weatley Performance Dyno mine, he is in Houston,Tx. He aleady tuned mine mail order in it's bad ass right now at 10 psi. I highly recommend! Holler at me sometime we will go grab a beer or 12.

RT

I know I'm late to the party but I just had Doug Thorley tri-ys put on my 6.2L and I'm extremely happy. I got them and a Corsa cat back off of craigslist for a steal. The original plan was to sell the DTs and buy the TSPs but after talking to a few people and rediscovering the benefits of the tri-y design, I decided to keep them. They are ceramic coated and look to be well built/designed and also comes with a stainless ORY.

No leaks so far and along with the Corsa exhaust sounds awesome! Great combo. I imagine you'd be happy with either choice.

The only thing I can't understand is why TSP offers a y pipe for the 5.3l and not the 6.2l.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So i emailed TSP to ask why they didn't offer 1 3/4th headers for the Ecotec3, because it was my understanding that 1 3/4ths primaries offer more low-mid range torque improvements versus top end. Here was the response.

"The 1-3/4" primaries would be a little small. Even if you have the 5.3L L83 engine, the 1-7/8" headers are best. They will make around 7-10 more HP at peak over an 1-3/4" and do not lose any HP/TQ down low. The L83 engines have enough compression (11.0:1) to make the larger primaries beneficial."

That would be correct! I didn't believe it at first until I started researching and I called ARHeaders and they said the same thing. But they offer the 1 3/4".... I had the ARHeader 1 3/4" and swapped to the 1 7/8" and I didn't lose any down low SOP feel of course.

RT

• 4 weeks later...

So i emailed TSP to ask why they didn't offer 1 3/4th headers for the Ecotec3, because it was my understanding that 1 3/4ths primaries offer more low-mid range torque improvements versus top end. Here was the response.

"The 1-3/4" primaries would be a little small. Even if you have the 5.3L L83 engine, the 1-7/8" headers are best. They will make around 7-10 more HP at peak over an 1-3/4" and do not lose any HP/TQ down low. The L83 engines have enough compression (11.0:1) to make the larger primaries beneficial."[/size]

That would be correct! I didn't believe it at first until I started researching and I called ARHeaders and they said the same thing. But they offer the 1 3/4".... I had the ARHeader 1 3/4" and swapped to the 1 7/8" and I didn't lose any down low SOP feel of course.

RT

So after reading this I was almost inclined to buy the 1 3/4 over 1 7/8 just because I would use the low end more. But ur saying that 1 7/8 wouldn't be any less low end power than the 3/4? On a 6.2 this would be..

Tuned before TSP Headers:

321.22whp / 355.48wtq

Tuned after TSP Headers:

332.59whp / 362.48wtq

Those are Max Numbers.

Biggest gain was around 5000 RPM 16whp / 16wtq.

• 2 weeks later...

RT

I would think you might lose some with a set of 1 3/4" headers if you ran a catless Y-pipe on a NA setup.

I have some DTs showing up next week. They'll be feeding into a stainless works cat back.

How's you guys all go about getting rid of the CEL? Diablew I assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was gonna go with blackbear but actually have a guy who does custom tunes down the road. So i'm going to let him do it, but yes a tune will be required to get rid of the CEL.

Archived