Post Pics of your Shells/Toppers 2014+

Thinking about upgrading from my rolling tonneau cover to a shell/topper. I'd love to see how they look especially if your truck is blue! Also what brands do you have/are the best? I want to be able to access front of the bed easily through side windows ignition possible. Thanks in advance!

I have had both on this truck (2014 GMC). I had a roll n lock as well as a retrax. I had a kid and needed a little more room so I tossed on an

ARE top. I can say very confidently that I would never go back to a bed cover. I will snap some pics when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARE Commercial. All aluminum, light, strong, full length doors. Easy access. I had one on my last truck for 21 years to work out of. Only replaced the gas door assist openers.

Cap is in my signature. :happysad:

Leer XR with "Windoors" in the sides.

I needed access but hated the "work truck" look of the contractor caps ... especially on my Denali ....

The windoors instead of sliders keep the more polished "SUV" look with the functionality of the contractor cap.

Also the frameless back window is really nice !

I added a slider in the front window which matches up with my power slider in the truck so hypothetically I could have material go through the windows if it was exceptionally long.

34507d4ba9a13154718a690e3d6929ab.jpg4d6bd660233b5e0cb962e9d2ef7ff136.jpg

• Like 3

My father has a Ranch Cap. It is similar in style to Leer but was a couple hundred cheaper. Has had it replaced twice under warranty already for the paint job and also for leaking issues. But at least they stand behind their warranty.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I agree with you on the commercial styles. That shell looks perfect for your truck! How much did it set you back, if you don't mind my asking?

I couldn't even tell you a price, a family friend owns a shop that sells / installs them. I traded in my old cap & paid a bit extra for this one but as a total retail price I'm not sure and wouldn't want to mislead you.

It's been on for a month and I love it !! This model has larger windows (lower sills) on he sides which makes reaching inside a lot easier ! I would highly recommend it !

I couldn't even tell you a price, a family friend owns a shop that sells / installs them. I traded in my old cap & paid a bit extra for this one but as a total retail price I'm not sure and wouldn't want to mislead you.

It's been on for a month and I love it !! This model has larger windows (lower sills) on he sides which makes reaching inside a lot easier ! I would highly recommend it !

Have you had any issues with water coming in or anything like that?

Have you had any issues with water coming in or anything like that?

Absolutely none !! The biggest issue with water ingression is the horrible tailgate sealing system on the GM trucks.

There are large gaps on the sides and bottoms of the tailgates.

Luckily this is easily solved with a tailgate seal kit. I picked one up from amazon for $25 ... problem solved.

As long as your cap is installed properly it should be perfect !!