Post Pics of your Shells/Toppers 2014+

Mine is a ARE Z series but I took a different route and had it Line-X instead of the usual color matching.

I know everyone prefers color match but I couldn't do it on this white truck, it was bland enough already so thought I would try something a bit different here.

This a is a 2017 AT.

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4239.jpg

• Like 6

Mine is a ARE Z series but I took a different route and had it Line-X instead of the usual color matching.

I know everyone prefers color match but I couldn't do it on this white truck, it was bland enough already so thought I would try something a bit different here.

This a is a 2017 AT.

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4239.jpg

You could probably tie that in real nice with some matte grey vinyl wrap decals or something !!

I'm kinda diggin the line-X cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This a is a 2017 AT.

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4239.jpg

I think that looks sharp. If that were my truck I think I would also lineX the front and rear bumper to help balance the color out. I might do this on mine anyway to stop all the paint chips I am getting on the painted front bumper

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

in the market myself. looking for a cap to build a small camper in. raised bed etc.

I saw a post on that before. Looked pretty functional. My Leer has stiff support rods and a rotary center latch. That might be hard to operate from the inside. You might want to look at the older style window with a twist latch on each side.

in the market myself. looking for a cap to build a small camper in. raised bed etc.

You may also want to consider a mid-rise version of the brand you choose. Many manufacturers offer a topper that is 3-4 inches higher than their cab-high models. I would have chosen a mid-rise if I planned to sleep in the back of my truck.

I saw a post on that before. Looked pretty functional. My Leer has stiff support rods and a rotary center latch. That might be hard to operate from the inside. You might want to look at the older style window with a twist latch on each side.

My leer has the centre latch but just a single pull release inside. Brand new 2017 so maybe they changed it this year ?

My leer has the centre latch but just a single pull release inside. Brand new 2017 so maybe they changed it this year ?

I think mine is the same. I just noticed it's really hard to close the rear latch because the gas pistons are stiff. You would probably have to rig a pull rope or something to close it.

You may also want to consider a mid-rise version of the brand you choose. Many manufacturers offer a topper that is 3-4 inches higher than their cab-high models. I would have chosen a mid-rise if I planned to sleep in the back of my truck.

i considered it i just hate the look so much. so im thinking sense i have a bed rug already ill put small bed right on the rug and shelf on the side and rear. my head could lay under the rear shelf.

i considered it i just hate the look so much. so im thinking sense i have a bed rug already ill put small bed right on the rug and shelf on the side and rear. my head could lay under the rear shelf.

I agree that cab high canopies look the best. Some mid-rise versions like the Century High-C look pretty good, imo.

I had a Century brand on my last truck and was disappointed that the rear door hardware, hinges and bolts rusted badly after just one winter, about 8-months of use. Not to mention replacement parts were difficult to get and expensive. Took about 6 weeks for my dealer to get Century to send him the correct parts and then they would not warranty them for rust and corrosion. This A.R.E. has gone 2 winters now and not a sign of rust on anything.

Edited by elcamino

I had a Century brand on my last truck and was disappointed that the rear door hardware, hinges and bolts rusted badly after just one winter, about 8-months of use. Not to mention replacement parts were difficult to get and expensive. Took about 6 weeks for my dealer to get Century to send him the correct parts and then they would not warranty them for rust and corrosion. This A.R.E. has gone 2 winters now and not a sign of rust on anything.

Interesting. I have a Century on order and not pleased to read about the problems you experienced! I had a hard time choosing a cap as the popular brands in my price range appear very similar. The deciding factor for choosing Century was I was most impressed with my local canopy store and they promote Century. I felt that they would give me the best service if required. I will be diligent in watching for early signs of rust!