UPS sucks...

sdeeter19555

Note; if you are Amazon prime and you do not get your package on the shipping date provided, you can email then and get 1 month of Prime free!

They stopped doing that years ago, at least for me. The rare things was to actually get it on time, and I almost always traced the issue to THEM, they were taking two days to even ship the item. They basically just started saying "whoops, my bad, maybe next time"

They stopped doing that years ago, at least for me. The rare things was to actually get it on time, and I almost always traced the issue to THEM, they were taking two days to even ship the item. They basically just started saying "whoops, my bad, maybe next time"

You have to go by the delivery date they provide, not count 2 day's after the order. I received a free month's Amazon Prime and a $10 dollar store credit in the last 6 months. You have the option between the 2.

You have to go by the delivery date they provide, not count 2 day's after the order. I received a free month's Amazon Prime and a $10 dollar store credit in the last 6 months. You have the option between the 2.

Not for me.

I once heard my doorbell ring and I was right beside the door when it did, I opened the door to see this UPS guy bolting to his truck. Obviously not a people person.

Could be, but some drivers can have 200+ stops and UPS times everything out and how long things should take. If the stop has stairs the stop has more time allocated to it, multiple packages same thing. The company even times how long it is supposed to take the driver to get moving again after their foot hits the first step into the package car. If I remember right it's 6 seconds to do their routine to get in the truck and go.

Signature requirement is usually at vendor request, not UPS.

If you've filed a claim with UPS for something being stolen from your door then your house is pretty much perma flagged as needing a signature. Pops up when the driver scans the package as "No DR Allowed."

As far as who is better I haven't really had a problem with USPS, FedEx, or UPS. I'm surprised that I've had no problems with UPS considering I see every night what goes on in the hub.

I have the reverse issue. FedEx is the champion of incompetence in my area and UPS is the best. FedEx has left parts on the picnic table at the side of the house. I even found a light package that had gotten blown away by strong winds and ended up in my burn pit behind the house. FedEx even left flowers for the wife at the local farmers coop in town, claiming they couldn't get to the house. UPS always leaves packages inside the garage out of weather. USPS does a pretty good job also, not stellar, but good. I avoid FedEx whenever I can.

While I still think UPS has the best drop tests and packaging endurance evaluations, my newest delivery lady brings treats for the dogs. I gotta like that.

UPS used to be awesome and professional and a great paying company. But they have ran off all the old timers that used to work their ass off. Now they hire people at lower than half of what they used to pay with very little incentive or benefits. But luckily I still have a good UPS man that is good as gold, nice, and very professional.

Now that stupid USPS lady that puts my mail in every damn box but mine is getting on my last nerve. And I have lived in the same home for 45 years. I think I'm gonna suprise her by stuffing a rabies infected racoon in there and raise the flag on her one day. Now how do I catch a racoon?lol

Do you have any proof of this or is this only your opinion?

Just the word of my UPS guy that I believe every word he says. As for "proof", this is the common practice of nearly every company in America. Do you think in this economy that UPS has doubled pay and benefits? Don't even get me started on the quality of the workforce these days because they do not deserve minimum wage. They will all be replaced by drones soon anyway. But back to "proof", no Im not privy to the UPS business model. Just going off my own observations and experience, but if you want to see evidence of some of the human garbage they are hiring now just look on YouTube how they throw, kick, and even on purpose destroy packages because they're having a bad day. Not the UPS it used to be. Hope that sorta gives you a little insight on my views....You wouldn't happen to have a spare raccoon in your pocket would 'ya?

raccoon-new.jpg

I base my question off of your "assumption" and what I was actually paid $8.00/hr versus what a loader is paid today $9.82, http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Employer=United_Parcel_Service_(UPS),_Inc./Hourly_Rate

I double dog dare you to name me one occupation that wages have effectively doubled. UPS has been and remains one of the best employers in the USA.

I double dog dare you to name me one occupation that wages have effectively doubled

I have it under good authority that the hardest working women in the worlds oldest profession at the Bunny Ranch are raking it in. And 8 bucks an hour will only get you about 2 minutes of a line of women giggling at your pecker with your pants down around your ankles. Wouldn't even have time to take your shoes off. Don't even ask what a threesome party for two full hours cost.lol Don't judge me. You only live once. But yeah I get your point and Im being a little flip about the subject. Hell I just wish I could get those 'Tards at the burger joint to "LEAVE THE DAMN PICKLE OFF MY BURGER" I said three times NO PICKLE! haha. And if Im correct McDonalds will probably be making as much if not more than a lot of hard labor jobs when they get the minimum pay raise. In my day fast food work was an entry level job where you learned job skills and how to deal with the public and then take those skills with hopefully a little college to move up and on to better things, maybe start a family, buy a house, buy a new GM truck that you can drive to Nevada and visit ...well you get the idea.

And a shout out to Jordan Capri and her friend, can't remember the name. Might just have to take me another road trip when I get one of the 2019 Silverados. Good thing Trump's got the markets up. I might just have to splurge a little. Hey, gotta' do what I can to keep this economy moving. And trust me when you tell Jordan to "HOLD THE PICKLE" well... you get the idea.

:pimp: well you said name just "ONE"

Hardest working woman Ive come across.

Jordan-Capri-Feet-170363.jpg

I enjoyed the conversation. You have a good day Tim.

You got some 1099s or something, this hear say stuff is getting old...

ETA:

I'll bet when your good as gold UPS guy retires his pension & benefit package will really make you blush.

Ok, It sounds like you're you are trying to get a little pissy and Im starting to smell :troll: troll. You have a nice rest of the day fine sir. 1099's REALLY? :nonod:

Archived