2015 GMC 1500 stumble no power on acceleration

We bought a 2015 GMC new 2 years ago yesterday. At just under 60000kms it started stumbling on acceleration intermittently (no power). It's like it's stuck in v4 mode had it to the dealership lots of times can't get it to repeat. Wont throw a code.This has been going on for five months now. The dealership did put a recorder in the truck and we were able to record two events but now it's with gm engineers for a month and half now. This is very frustrating as it does it when trying to pass and when turn a corner. If you don't know that this happens you could get yourself in trouble real fast. Have pulled out to pass and had to pull back in several times. Nothing like getting you ass handed to you by a minivan.

I have owned GM all my life but this is the first new truck. What a disappointment. First the paint falls off gm won't cover then this.

We bought a 2015 GMC new 2 years ago yesterday. At just under 60000kms it started stumbling on acceleration intermittently (no power). It's like it's stuck in v4 mode had it to the dealership lots of times can't get it to repeat. Wont throw a code.This has been going on for five months now. The dealership did put a recorder in the truck and we were able to record two events but now it's with gm engineers for a month and half now. This is very frustrating as it does it when trying to pass and when turn a corner. If you don't know that this happens you could get yourself in trouble real fast. Have pulled out to pass and had to pull back in several times. Nothing like getting you ass handed to you by a minivan.

I have owned GM all my life but this is the first new truck. What a disappointment. First the paint falls off gm won't cover then this.

Hello Jack4909,

We apologize for what you've experienced and want you to know that it is important to us you have a positive experience with our products and dealers. We would be happy to forward this concern to your GM Regional Customer Care team, since our systems are set up to assist U.S. customers. If interested, please send us a private message with your VIN, contact information and servicing dealership. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Kindly,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

Anthony

I have went and found a different dealership they seem to have a general idea what is causing this problem. To give you an idea of the difference I have the shop foreman telling me at the old dealership that there is nothing wrong with the truck. I go talk to the service manager at the new dealership set up a appointment and as I was leaving a mechanic walking across the parking lot stops me and says that truck is not running properly. What would you think. I have been in contact with gm costumer service Canada that's like beating your head against the wall it hurts and it's a waste of time. So far this new dealership is restoring some of our faith in gm service.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the dealership in Settler what a difference they actually seem to want to fix the truck. In the troubleshooting they found that the body control module was not communicating with the transmission which was activating the traction control this showed up as a code in the transmission. The connection is under the sill plate on the drive door. They also found the loud ticking noise which camrose said was injector noise to be the vacuum pump. Truck has been running great since. Five and half months half a dozen trips to camrose one hour each way and they kept telling us there is nothing wrong with the truck. The people in the service department in Settler were great.

No they didn't say all they said is that the transmission and body control module would loose communication with one another. They said that when the looked this issue up on GM's diagnostic sight that this was not the first truck to have this issue. They read a bulliten about the connection under the sill plate on the driver's side.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally the problem has been fixed if you're engine has a lifter noise that seems to loud do let them tell you that's just the fuel injection. One of the lifters for the active fuel management system was sticking on number 7 cylinder and finally stuck completely bending the pushrod. The dealership changed out lifters and pushrod truck runs perfect again completely quite no injector noise.

Archived