Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover - Recommendations??

Sorry about the rail, but atleast they are taking care of the issue. I got mine in and installed. All is good. I need to get the rebate sent in. On the choices for gearbox, are the ones listed on the rebate sheet the only ones available?

Yeah they didnt hesitate to send em so I'm all good. And at the bottom of the list says they have more options on the website but I checked and the item # for a silverado crewcab and sierra are exactly the same which is not a huge surprise. I think it's 09031 or something like that. I sent mine in with 2 Stamps mainly cause it has be in by the first and the upc was half cardboard. Didn't wanna miss out!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Anyone know if a above the rails tri fold from a 2011 crew cab will fit on the newer trucks as well? I have one from my old truck that I need to sell and it would definitely help to expand the market.

I've had my Peragon on for a couple of weeks now and really like it. I like that it sits a little above the rails as it clears my 125Qt Yeti cooler, which my Pace Edwards on my old truck didn't. It's a little clunky opening and closing, but it feels solid and I love how easily it can be removed. It lets a little water in at the corners, but seeing as there's such a gap between the tailgate and the truck bed anyway I'm hardly surprised. Easy to install (though I had to drill four 1/4" holes in my brand new truck) and it looks great. I would buy again, though I would probably pay extra for the PTM option [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well I received my BakFlip MX4 a few days ago, but finally had the chance to install it today.

Took about 45 minutes, taking my time, re-read the instructions to make sure I was doing everything correctly.

Now if I had to do another, I could install it in about 20 minutes or so with no instructions needed.

Looks great, fits great, and is a breeze to open and close.

Only issue was I then took it through the automatic brushless car wash just to see how well it sealed, and afterward opened up the back to see water drops all over and a couple little streams of water in the back. And this was just through a brief 2-3 minute car wash.

In consistent rain, you'll have a decent amount of water back there. So don't expect anything you put back there to stay perfectly dry in a rain. You'd better take trash bags or leaf bags to cover up whatever you put back there if it can't get any water on it.

The Bakflips have a reputation of leaking. Neighbor has one and it leaks and there are numerous comments on this forum stating the same..

Yeah kind of a bummer and sort of wish I'd of looked into that further ahead of time.

But the thing looks great and works as intended.

I'll just have to be sure to not put anything in the back that can't get wet, or if I need too, have to put it in bags.

Washed my truck today for the first time since installing the mx4. Just one tiny spot of water the size of a quarter. Seems like a small gap near top of tailgate that I think I can seal.

Archived