Whats everybody running for an intake?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its actually silver lol.

But it's a stock escalade engine cover. I took the caddy emblem off and put the bowtie on then added the 6.2 on. There is a thread here on how to do it. And thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definitely something im going to look into! looks great

Putting a CAI on a vehicle just depends on the vehicle. I've put K&N Charger on my 97 1 Ton Dually along with headers and it really woke it up. I put an Airaid on 08 Dodge Hemi and pulled my drag car and trailer from San Jose to Portland, Oregon and got 17mpg...4500lbs of car and trailer. I bought the Chevrolet Performance CAI for my 16 Custom 4x4 with 5.3l and under hard acceleration I chirp the rear tires when I hit second gear...which I couldn't do when it had the stock CAI. As for the stock CAI not being restrictive...I took the stock one out and I can tell you it is very restrictive. Chevrolet even claims to improve airflow by 20% over stock with the Performance CAI although they don't give a HP/TQ figure my "seat of the pants" dyno says about 8/10 HP and at least 10lbft of torque...IMHO

AFE momentum GT. really does work well. noticed quite an improvement in: torque, throttle response, sound, and best of all city mileage has gone up close to 2mpg. still will hit 30+ on long trips on flat ground. not cheap, but everything it's cracked up to be so far. And really improved the top end pull. now I need a tune cause it gets to 99mph so quick. pulled a newer 5 series BMW (they had big eyes), and a 17' 3.5 ecoboost ( tried to pull me and got embarrassed- walked by them hard& they were trying). seriously the Blackbear results ring true to me, great intake, exceeded expectation for an intake only. uncorked the 6.2 some...

Hi, first post here. Just bought a '17 lt crew cab last month and already installed an elite catch can to help with engine longevity. Been looking an an intake for the last week now and there are many options compared to just the K&N I have on my v8 grand cherokee. Just looking for opinions on what to look into getting. I read that S&B is really popular and good, along with volant and K&N. I'm only familiar with K&N intakes and filters, having them on my jeep and harley. I browsed through the post about the testing done at blackbear already. was hoping to find some test on S&B but they didn't do it. And recommendations? Also, oiled or dry filters? I've never had a truck with a MAF..but was always told to stay away from oiled if you have a MAF..

866931909b0551d840f29aab0b216b06.jpg afe momentum gt has great performance gains quality kit and it is a closed box system like stock air box also it is not too loud you have two options a dry filter or oiled filter this one gets my vote throttle response has improved it pulls sounds good I recommend it easy to install as well

Ive got an airaid mit off my 2014 gmc 6.2 i am looking to sell. Had it for a year, only put on around 7,000 miles with it. Comes with all the hoses and clamps. Looking to get $100 out of it.

I'm using the Larry Flynt intake. 9bc4c15d877f98299c5e019c96ca3252.jpg

It improves gas mileage to 38mpDD and reduces sag.

Let me tell you how she screams when I romp on her and she occasionally lets her rear end get a little loose.

Archived