Crackling Sound From Drivers Side Window

Hello ethanoneal,

I’m sorry to hear that your Sierra is experiencing this cracking sound. Have you addressed this with your GMC dealer? If not, feel free to send me a private message and I’ll reach out to them on your behalf. Thank you for being a valued customer, we greatly appreciate it!

Regards,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

• 1 month later...

my 2015 Denali 1500 also had crack sounds in the dash area all the time... and just got a 2017 Denali and

it is also making the same cracking sound... not as often... but there is multiple threads on this

subject... here

YES! I've noticed this as well -- most recently it's become much more noticeable.

Maybe due to the warmer weather here -- I'll have to see if it's related to running the AC.

The crackling seems to be directly in my left ear from the driver side window area, but maybe the sound is reflecting from elsewhere.

2015 Denali 1500

I hear like a squeaking sound from the drivers door. I thought it was my window track, but the noise doesn't go away when I place pressure with my hand on the window.

Not sure if it's the door hinges, could be however, it only squeaks when going over a bump and sometimes while turning on a slight slope like going into a drive-way.

Plan on taking it to the dealer since this would be under warranty, only thing is the down time without the truck..

Spent some time driving today and found no difference in the noise with the AC on or off.

I can't make it stop by placing pressure anywhere on the door or window, still stumped at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had that annoying noise on my 2014 model and it was more pronounced at certain temperatures. There was a thread a couple of years ago on it and one member found out that if you could stuff some thin foam between the seals of the door itself that it would help. That is what I did and it worked for a couple of years but it is back so I assume some of the foam I stuffed in there has moved.

Archived