LED headlights.. or headlight help.

I'm going to upgrade my fogs to d series. I'm wanting something less ugly yellow and more blue or white. Not wanting to really buy HIDS because I want to get projectors and can't afford them right now.

Do leds work good in regular non projector stock casings?

What are some other better bulbs? Like the Sylvania super white.

I run LED bulbs in my factory non-projector housing. Plus I have Rigid Industries fog lights. Match is perfect IMO.

I have yet to be high beamed with my LED headlights on, but I ensured my headlights were re-aligned after I levelled my truck.

These are the ones I ran, but there's lots of options out there: http://www.enthuze.ca/led-headlight-bulbs.html

Here's two pictures... One with my Rigid Industries fog lights on and the other with my LED headlights on...

We have no idea what you are trying to upgrade without a little help from you. Tell us what you are upgrading.

it says Im upgrading fogs to rigid. And I'm wanting something not ugly yellow headlight wise to go into factory non projector casings.

I run LED bulbs in my factory non-projector housing. Plus I have Rigid Industries fog lights. Match is perfect IMO.

I have yet to be high beamed with my LED headlights on, but I ensured my headlights were re-aligned after I levelled my truck.

These are the ones I ran, but there's lots of options out there: http://www.enthuze.ca/led-headlight-bulbs.html

Here's two pictures... One with my Rigid Industries fog lights on and the other with my LED headlights on...

Your link didn't work. It says error

it says Im upgrading fogs to rigid. And I'm wanting something not ugly yellow headlight wise to go into factory non projector casings.

Your link didn't work. It says error

http://www.enthuze.ca

Just go to their "Products" drop down menu and select the LED headlights.

Hmm. H11 is what I think I need. They seem to be only in Canada though haha.

Ya, sorry, I wasn't sure where you were located. Most times it's the other way around on these forums... Something is posted and is in the United States only haha.

Anyways, there's lots of LED bulbs to choose from. I initially was going to go with PIAA's but my local truck accessory shop I deal with suggested these Enthuze ones. In the end, whatever you choose, will be much better than the crappy stock lights.

Ya, sorry, I wasn't sure where you were located. Most times it's the other way around on these forums... Something is posted and is in the United States only haha.

Anyways, there's lots of LED bulbs to choose from. I initially was going to go with PIAA's but my local truck accessory shop I deal with suggested these Enthuze ones. In the end, whatever you choose, will be much better than the crappy stock lights.

Did you get the warning cancellers or capacitors? Xenonhid.com has the 6000k led kit h11 for 110 and it asks if I want the cancellers or capacitors for 10 extra dollars?

Did you get the warning cancellers or capacitors? Xenonhid.com has the 6000k led kit h11 for 110 and it asks if I want the cancellers or capacitors for 10 extra dollars?

Yes, I got them for my low beams. I rather be safe than sorry. I actually opted for them on my high beams too, but in the end they couldn't fit them under the dust cap and didn't install the high beam ones. I have used my high beams plenty and didn't have any issues. But yes, I got it for my low beams.

May I strongly advise you against using XenonHIDs.com. I bought my first HID kit from them and everything was great until it came time to contact then and ask questions or do a warranty return. I have yet to actually speak to a physical human being and a friend of mine sent some stuff back in and still hasn't received the warranty replacements. That was over 6 months ago. I strongly advise looking into The Retrofit Source for all your lighting needs. They provide quality products and they stand behind them. They are also available to answer any questions you may have about your specific application. Just offering some friendly insight so you can be aware of who you are dealing with.

To answer your question from the original post, yes LED bulbs will work fine in the stock housings. You will see a slight increase over stock, but it's not going to be life changing because the housings are not designed to properly project the light from the LED bulbs. I helped a buddy install a set in his truck without the projector housings and I'd say there was a 50%-60% improvement in the light output as compared to stock lighting.

Aside from the HID's and LED's, I used the Sylvania Silverstar ZXE high performance halogen bulbs in a 2011 Sierra. The bulbs provided great light output and were whiter than the typical halogens. The only downside is they didn't last very long. I drove a lot at night so the bulbs ran a lot and mine only lasted about 8-9 months. They do have a one year warranty.

May I strongly advise you against using XenonHIDs.com. I bought my first HID kit from them and everything was great until it came time to contact then and ask questions or do a warranty return. I have yet to actually speak to a physical human being and a friend of mine sent some stuff back in and still hasn't received the warranty replacements. That was over 6 months ago. I strongly advise looking into The Retrofit Source for all your lighting needs. They provide quality products and they stand behind them. They are also available to answer any questions you may have about your specific application. Just offering some friendly insight so you can be aware of who you are dealing with.

To answer your question from the original post, yes LED bulbs will work fine in the stock housings. You will see a slight increase over stock, but it's not going to be life changing because the housings are not designed to properly project the light from the LED bulbs. I helped a buddy install a set in his truck without the projector housings and I'd say there was a 50%-60% improvement in the light output as compared to stock lighting.

Aside from the HID's and LED's, I used the Sylvania Silverstar ZXE high performance halogen bulbs in a 2011 Sierra. The bulbs provided great light output and were whiter than the typical halogens. The only downside is they didn't last very long. I drove a lot at night so the bulbs ran a lot and mine only lasted about 8-9 months. They do have a one year warranty.

Thank you for the information on them! i thought wow a lifetime warranty what a good deal! Then i got to looking at their reviews and they were weird.. like they seemed fake. They were like " Fast! or Sweet! or Great!"

Im also looking into oracle LEDS. They have good reviews

Has anyone used the Mormito xb 921 reverse light LED? Is it worth it? I want to make sure its going to be very bright before i spend 15-25 bucks on them. Apparantly there are multiple ones that would work with it. Will Led turn signal / running lights just plug right in and work perfectly and not blink fast etc..

I disagree with the "slight increase." I found my LED's to be night and day improvement from the stock lighting. I agree with your comment that the stock housing isn't ideal for this setup, but I did find the LED's to be more than enough to see a great improvement from factory.

I disagree with the "slight increase." I found my LED's to be night and day improvement from the stock lighting. I agree with your comment that the stock housing isn't ideal for this setup, but I did find the LED's to be more than enough to see a great improvement from factory.

I understand what you're saying and I am by no means saying that replacing the stock halogen bulbs with LED bulbs will not increase the amount of light output. What I am doing is making sure that the OP and anyone else who may or may not have experience with replacing their headlight bulbs don't have a false perception of what to expect. The common understanding from most people is that they can replace their halogen bulbs with LED replacements and it be like they added a 50" light bar to their truck and can see everything, when in reality that is just not the case. LED's are great but I think they have been over-hyped and created a misconception of what their actual output will be.

But, all things aside, I think we can all agree that you could duct tape a couple mediocre flashlights to the 2014-2015 Sierra's/Silverado's and get more usable light than you do with those sorry excuse for headlights that GM first produced these trucks with.

I understand what you're saying and I am by no means saying that replacing the stock halogen bulbs with LED bulbs will not increase the amount of light output. What I am doing is making sure that the OP and anyone else who may or may not have experience with replacing their headlight bulbs don't have a false perception of what to expect. The common understanding from most people is that they can replace their halogen bulbs with LED replacements and it be like they added a 50" light bar to their truck and can see everything, when in reality that is just not the case. LED's are great but I think they have been over-hyped and created a misconception of what their actual output will be.

But, all things aside, I think we can all agree that you could duct tape a couple mediocre flashlights to the 2014-2015 Sierra's/Silverado's and get more usable light than you do with those sorry excuse for headlights that GM first produced these trucks with.

Haha, have you removed the fog lights?? They basically are flashlights... Awful!!!

Archived