LED headlights.. or headlight help.

Haha, have you removed the fog lights?? They basically are flashlights... Awful!!!

Wait, you mean they actually have a bulb in them and turn on? Yea could have fooled me lol....But yes I actually did just replace those with the Morimoto XB LED fog lights as soon as one of the HID bulbs I had put in them blew after maybe 3 hours of use. They were kind of an impulse buy after getting frustrated that one of the bulbs blew.

i cant believe you guys actually think the headlights are so bad on these trucks... i mean even at 6.5" taller than stock i can def tell when my fogs are on and when they are not. i love the light output from the lights - but i did come from a slammed rsx that the hids went out 4ft infront of the car and thats it.

Guess ill be very impressed when my d series fogs and my led headlights come in!

i cant believe you guys actually think the headlights are so bad on these trucks... i mean even at 6.5" taller than stock i can def tell when my fogs are on and when they are not. i love the light output from the lights - but i did come from a slammed rsx that the hids went out 4ft infront of the car and thats it.

Guess ill be very impressed when my d series fogs and my led headlights come in!

It is more of a culture shock when you come from the previous generation truck that had great headlights and then they abandon those for crappy projectors and a single bulb for high and low beam lights (GMC Sierra). I just still can't understand why GM took a couple steps backwards when it comes to the headlights. Proof that even they know the lights suck is the fact that they had a TSB and then started putting LED's and HID's from the factory. You don't fix things unless they are broke.... I don't believe the lights on the standard reflector Silverado's are all that bad, but the low beam projectors on both the Silverado's and Sierra's are just plain crap. To put things in perspective for comparison from one generation to the next, I ran the Sylvania Silverstar ZXE (halogen) bulbs in my 2011 Sierra and it hands down put out more light than my 2015 Sierra with a 55W Morimoto HID kit on high beam. So yea, if you want to be impressed go find someone with a previous generation truck and take a ride at night.

It is more of a culture shock when you come from the previous generation truck that had great headlights and then they abandon those for crappy projectors and a single bulb for high and low beam lights (GMC Sierra). I just still can't understand why GM took a couple steps backwards when it comes to the headlights. Proof that even they know the lights suck is the fact that they had a TSB and then started putting LED's and HID's from the factory. You don't fix things unless they are broke.... I don't believe the lights on the standard reflector Silverado's are all that bad, but the low beam projectors on both the Silverado's and Sierra's are just plain crap. To put things in perspective for comparison from one generation to the next, I ran the Sylvania Silverstar ZXE (halogen) bulbs in my 2011 Sierra and it hands down put out more light than my 2015 Sierra with a 55W Morimoto HID kit on high beam. So yea, if you want to be impressed go find someone with a previous generation truck and take a ride at night.

ahh i see. My dad and a couple friends have 2010 chevys and there lights are decent. atleast in my opinion

Archived