Im considering trading in my 2015 1500 and picking up a 3/4 or full size Diesel truck. Was wondering if there was gonna be any big changes in the 2018 models compared to the 2017?

Will there be a 2018 K2XX or extended 2017 model year? Or will the T1XX be intro'd this fall as an '18/early '19?

When the GMT900 was 'intro'd I think there was a short model year of GMT800s dubbed 'Silverado Classic'.

Will there be a 2018 K2XX or extended 2017 model year? Or will the T1XX be intro'd this fall as an '18/early '19?

When the GMT900 was 'intro'd I think there was a short model year of GMT800s dubbed 'Silverado Classic'.

Yep, I owned a 2007 Silverado Classic. It was a GMT 800 RCSB work truck, 4.3, nv3500 4x4. It was discounted so heavily between the GM rebates and my GM card earnings that I paid under 15k for it. Great truck, I would still have it if I had never gotten around to procreating!

It is great the look you get from a new car salesman when they are walking you to the back of the lot to look at the cheapest truck there. Kind of a "why me?" look.

I doubt the new style will be out for the 18 MY. We're just now seeing the test units. The new platform will debut as the 19MY most likely. Maybe a new special edition and paint colors for 18. The HD trucks probably won't change til 2020

2018 model year is carryover for HD and 1500 trucks. 2019 model year is when the T1XX 1500 trucks should be dropping, so expect something on those for sometime in 2018. As for the HD, I would say either some point in 2018 as a 2019 model year, or 2019 as a 2020 model year.

It would be doubtful that we see any major upgrades in the last MY of the model other than maybe colours or a 'special edition' or 2 to get people to buy a K2XX 'now' rather than delay a purchase until the T1XX comes out.

That being said a co-worker bought & fixed up an '87 C/K truck (last year of that design). He said it was a nightmare because a lot of underhood stuff was specific for that model year & the auto parts stores carried very little in stock. They told him if had bought an '86 there wouldn't have been a problem as most stuff had remained unchanged from '81.

They made their big diesel intro this year & are probably not doing anything gas motor or trans' until the T1XX.

You mean I could've waited until next fall to buy my truck? :D

No regrets w/ buying my '17 since the sale of my '11 was really painless.

You mean I could've waited until next fall to buy my truck? :D

No regrets w/ buying my '17 since the sale of my '11 was really painless.

Timing is important, for sure! If I could have waited until the last year of the current redesign, I would have - the discounts are always better when you buy the outgoing model in a redesign year.

On the other hand, you have the same situation with your trade-in, if you have one. In my case, my 2013 Wrangler was due for a redesign this year, so I needed to trade it in before the new model came out or else the new model would have hurt my trade-in value.

But you know what kind of "new model" really impacts your decision about when to get a new vehicle? When your wife tells you she's pregnant, that's what! The day she said that I knew my Jeep was a goner, and I don't miss it a bit!

Oh I was just kidding. I liked the styling of the K2XX, so I didn't want to wait too long. I've always ordered my trucks so there aren't the deals like buying a truck off the lot. Regular cabs are like hens teeth up here. When I've been in Maine & New Hampshire each fall, I can't get over the number of regular cabs on the dealer lots.

It would be doubtful that we see any major upgrades in the last MY of the model other than maybe colours or a 'special edition' or 2 to get people to buy a K2XX 'now' rather than delay a purchase until the T1XX comes out.

That being said a co-worker bought & fixed up an '87 C/K truck (last year of that design). He said it was a nightmare because a lot of underhood stuff was specific for that model year & the auto parts stores carried very little in stock. They told him if had bought an '86 there wouldn't have been a problem as most stuff had remained unchanged from '81.

They made their big diesel intro this year & are probably not doing anything gas motor or trans' until the T1XX.

That e4me carb was a pain.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That e4me carb was a pain.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'm going on memory here, so bear w/ me LOL We built out the '86 MY that summer for the GMT400 model. I'm pretty sure the 4.3 V6 was a TBI motor, while the V8s still had Qjets. A friend had a new '87 w/ a the 4.3.

My co-worker's issue was getting a new alternator or water pump for it. From what I recall the '87s had the 'motor plate' for mounting the accessories that most people saw for the 1st time on the GMT400s.

Archived