Best deal that can be had on a 17 Denali?????

Hey guys,

I am driving a 2015 Denali XL w/ all the bells. Had some issues which are mostley worked out now. Trans, seat track, steering column, radiator. I kinda feel like a finally fine tuned this truck but the seat and the front mag shocks are a problem. Anyway I found myself at the dealer a lot. Also like apple car play, the new smoother ride and softer seats. So I ordered a truck without the open road package which I do not want. Also didnt want to negotiate on that higher price for something I hate. After seeing some of those great deals on the 2016 I was hoping for a big discount. There are no specials right now.

What is the best deal you have heard of? How big is the holdback on such an expensive truck. My dealer manager has expressed he will work hard with me starting at invoice. Will be looking for dealer cash and a GM discount also as they belong to some group w/ GM that affords them to discount choice vehicles once a month. I have seen these discounted trucks advertised and it's 3k dealer and 4k GM. They are saying they want to help me because I have bought 4 vehicles in the last 3 years and had issues w/ the last 3! I feel like an idiot patronizing GM again but I am just not a ford or dodge guy. So budget is tight but looking to make this happen. The invoice is 66,700. How much more do you know is in there to get it down if they are being real about what they CAN do?? In my region they have 8k off pickups!! Thanks for any knowledge and advice.

Hey guys,

I am driving a 2015 Denali XL w/ all the bells. Had some issues which are mostley worked out now. Trans, seat track, steering column, radiator. I kinda feel like a finally fine tuned this truck but the seat and the front mag shocks are a problem. Anyway I found myself at the dealer a lot. Also like apple car play, the new smoother ride and softer seats. So I ordered a truck without the open road package which I do not want. Also didnt want to negotiate on that higher price for something I hate. After seeing some of those great deals on the 2016 I was hoping for a big discount. There are no specials right now.

What is the best deal you have heard of? How big is the holdback on such an expensive truck. My dealer manager has expressed he will work hard with me starting at invoice. Will be looking for dealer cash and a GM discount also as they belong to some group w/ GM that affords them to discount choice vehicles once a month. I have seen these discounted trucks advertised and it's 3k dealer and 4k GM. They are saying they want to help me because I have bought 4 vehicles in the last 3 years and had issues w/ the last 3! I feel like an idiot patronizing GM again but I am just not a ford or dodge guy. So budget is tight but looking to make this happen. The invoice is 66,700. How much more do you know is in there to get it down if they are being real about what they CAN do?? In my region they have 8k off pickups!! Thanks for any knowledge and advice.

the discount can be used by the dealer to designate any vehicle as an "old age" unit, so extra $3000.00 to the consumer for "rebate". You can also use any incentives available when buying at invoice, problem is, how many are being offered for 16's? I would think most are geared for the 17's right now. As far as how much they will go behind invoice, just ask, maybe see what dealer x down the street can do on a similar rig on their lot.

the discount can be used by the dealer to designate any vehicle as an "old age" unit, so extra $3000.00 to the consumer for "rebate". You can also use any incentives available when buying at invoice, problem is, how many are being offered for 16's? I would think most are geared for the 17's right now. As far as how much they will go behind invoice, just ask, maybe see what dealer x down the street can do on a similar rig on their lot.

Thanks. There are no '16's left I ordered a 17. The reason I ordered was to have a more reasonable starting point with only the options I wanted. All the Denali's in south florida are highly optioned with most stickers at 76-81k. So playing the feild is a problem. My order is no open road package as ALL of them have down here. I did add adaptive cruise which I have grown to really like. I have the snowflake 22's w/ Michelins so I didnt even order rims. My order came in at 70,800. 66,700 invoice. A better starting point. At 61k my payment and budget would be perfect. Just didnt know if that was possible.

Locally (Austin, TX) 2017 Denali Yukons (not XL) are being advertised at $10 to $11K off MSRP.

Well that is good news! That is the exact deal I am hoping for. Got spoiled when I saw those '16 deals. Thanks! If you have a place I can get that ad it would be great to show my dealer that it can and is being done. Funny my truck is in route at Arlington, Texas today!! LOL

Thanks guys!

Well that is good news! That is the exact deal I am hoping for. Got spoiled when I saw those '16 deals. Thanks! If you have a place I can get that ad it would be great to show my dealer that it can and is being done. Funny my truck is in route at Arlington, Texas today!! LOL

Thanks guys!

Check this website - they show $10K off of MSRP on the XL too.

http://www.covertbuickgmc.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=new&location=&bodyType=&make=GMC&model=Yukon+XL&trim=&minYear=&maxYear=&maxPrice=

Great Info Jeff!! Thanks This is good ammo that it is being done and can be done. Not one 2016 Denali left in Florida, but they have plenty in Texas. Still they are 8K off the 2017's!

• 2 months later...

Thanks, not a fan of the center stack controls of the escalade or cue. Thats why I went witht e Denali. My deal blew up when the truck came in. As always they discounted the truck some (not enough)but tried to rob my truck on the trade. The worst I have ever seen in all my years with cars. I mean like 7K under trade value! My truck is beautiful with 3500 in upgrades. No GM money on the Denali, it just was no where close to happening. Did me a favor we'll see whatbthe 2018 has in it. The new Naigator looks awesome so I hope they step it up as I will never own a ford.

If you are a patient type person and do not mind flying into St Louis you can get +20% off MSRP at Laura Buick GMC during one of their sales events . Make sure and sign up for their price watch service on the vehicle that you are interested in, then when the price is right lock it in and fly up and drive your new ride back home. In the meantime advertise and sell your old vehicle for a good price. I would personally stop in at my local CarMax store to establish a bottom line cash price for comparison. CarMax made me a decent offer on my 2016 but I ended up selling it privately to an individual. Tradein at Laura was 40700 Carmax cash offer was 43k even. TN has a 7% sales tax so I had to sell it for 43,549 just to cover cover my TN sales taxes. That makes the Gumit extremely happy cuz they get to add sales tax to both transactions actually 3 times I guess. I paid taxes on the 16 truck when I bought it but still had to pay taxes on the amount that I sold it for to buy the new that is sales tax added twice and then the Gumit proceeded to tax the buyer of my 16 truck that is 3 times that they arse raped us... thanks Gumit I may just be a bit bitter, I went in yesterday to my local Gumit tag place and forked over $4,000.00 in TN sales taxes. I could go on a cussing rampage right now but I will try to keep it civil LOL

Yes, Laura has the best deals I have seen. Problem is most all their Denalis are 4wd. But when the time comes I will be exploring them first, good info thanks! I am in a holding pattern right now, so I bought the extended GMEPP warranty and am going to see what the 2018's have. I am hoping they compete with the new Navigator which is pretty nice for Ford guys!

Those of you that have bought from Laura, what kind of prices are they willing to sell at? Much lower than what they advertise or not? The thing that kept us from buying one our first trip there was the trade in prices they were going to give(roughly 4k less than KBB or NADA.) They did eventually jump that up by about $1500 but were still too low for my needs.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought mine at Laura. The price they have on the website is the price you pay - they don't negotiate (unless you have a trade, and they don't want it). I didn't trade, but had a good discussion with the manager and he said they'd prefer the owner sell it to Carmax first. The STL area has to be one of the best to buy a GMC, and the other local dealers might beat a Laura deal if you must trade.

I'd be surprised if they had any 2WD Denalis, they just don't sell in that part of the country.

On occasion they have such low prices they won't even take deposits - the first one to arrive gets it. I was there at 9:08 AM (they opened at 9) the day I purchased. The whole process was easy and I was out of there by 11 AM.

Between the $285 airfare and the gas to get back home, I saved over $10k vs. buying from the local dealership.

I bought mine at Laura. The price they have on the website is the price you pay - they don't negotiate (unless you have a trade, and they don't want it). I didn't trade, but had a good discussion with the manager and he said they'd prefer the owner sell it to Carmax first. The STL area has to be one of the best to buy a GMC, and the other local dealers might beat a Laura deal if you must trade.

I'd be surprised if they had any 2WD Denalis, they just don't sell in that part of the country.

On occasion they have such low prices they won't even take deposits - the first one to arrive gets it. I was there at 9:08 AM (they opened at 9) the day I purchased. The whole process was easy and I was out of there by 11 AM.

Between the $285 airfare and the gas to get back home, I saved over $10k vs. buying from the local dealership.

+1 agree 100% forget the trade in sell it yourself.

Archived