Cognito uca question

Sorry if poor forum ettiquite as I have asked this question in several other people's threads and haven't got an answer so trying again. My friend will be installing for me soon but have since read a few more things on these arms that have me concerned. Primarily is "the service perch that is welded to the front of the upper control arms pocket must be cut out....." can anyone provide pictures of what this is referring to. Also would this be a big deal if I wanted to switch back to stock for trade in? Could it be welded back in easily or shouldn't I not even worry? I was told NOT to cut the bump stop. I don't want to cut the wrong thing , this shouldn't be an issue for my friend who is in autobody but a noob like me doesn't know enough definitions to figure this out. Please post pics if you can showing these parts. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sorry if poor forum ettiquite as I have asked this question in several other people's threads and haven't got an answer so trying again. My friend will be installing for me soon but have since read a few more things on these arms that have me concerned. Primarily is "the service perch that is welded to the front of the upper control arms pocket must be cut out....." can anyone provide pictures of what this is referring to. Also would this be a big deal if I wanted to switch back to stock for trade in? Could it be welded back in easily or shouldn't I not even worry? I was told NOT to cut the bump stop. I don't want to cut the wrong thing , this shouldn't be an issue for my friend who is in autobody but a noob like me doesn't know enough definitions to figure this out. Please post pics if you can showing these parts. Thanks

I've emailed cognito about this as I'm installing a pair myself and will post the response.

I would recommend that for questions like these you email the manufacturer directly. They can be very helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been following your questions awaiting a response as well.

Hopefully someone can chime in.

Per cognito support

"Referring to cutting the service perch…This is talking about cutting the thin metal perch beneath the upper arm. This ensures that our arms will not be damaged at full-droop. That is not a bump-stop as many people believe, but merely a place for the arm to rest when the upper control arm is being serviced. Your strut assembly controls both the bump and droop travel of your suspension system."

Per cognito support

"Referring to cutting the service perch…This is talking about cutting the thin metal perch beneath the upper arm. This ensures that our arms will not be damaged at full-droop. That is not a bump-stop as many people believe, but merely a place for the arm to rest when the upper control arm is being serviced. Your strut assembly controls both the bump and droop travel of your suspension system."

I have no idea why they're calling it a service perch....

Anyways, its the bump stop like I suggested.

3f9cee75d83b7bffb0226bb4b15e60bd.jpg

Thing with the circular rubber pad, for reference.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Never seen a stock truck with hydraulic bump stops...

Technically they aren't bump stops because they only limit droop. Bump stops are for up travel.

Never seen a stock truck with hydraulic bump stops...

Technically they aren't bump stops because they only limit droop. Bump stops are for up travel.

There's a miscommunication somewhere.

• 4 months later...

Archived