michigan2500hd's 1500 Silverado build

Picked this truck up a couple weeks ago. We are still getting to know each other at this point and due to the cold weather in Michigan I havn't done much yet.

Current plans- 1. Level kit. Not sure which one yet and have been going back and forth between a 2" and 2 1/2".

I have the NHT package and it's ride is very firm as it is. Will it get stiffer if I do a 2 -1/2 vs. a 2 ?

2. I have some helper coil springs from my 2011 but I don't think I need the extra capacity with this truck and they definitely make the ride a little more harsh. Thinking of going up another inch or so in the rear with a block.

3. Custom tune. I have a intune i1000 (older unit) not sure if I should get another new handheld or use this tuner. Problem is I'm sure I have to update the tuner and I don't have a functional computer. For that matter I guess I would need a computer even if a bought a new tuner since you have to do through the bull of updates on a new handheld.

4. Thinking of getting the AFE Momentum that Blackbear tested.

Truck came with the step bar and mud flaps which I want to get rid of for asthetics but after all the paint damage my 2011 had from stones and mud combined with GM's weak paint I'm a little hesitant to remove them.

Hope these pics load.. Think it will look ok leveled with the steps?5a7631cbbd929ce5b9538ad5a3f1f072.jpg5663ebb21aa4fcd2d78c9b9ddb2f6bd1.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Picked this truck up a couple weeks ago. We are still getting to know each other at this point and due to the cold weather in Michigan I havn't done much yet.

Current plans- 1. Level kit. Not sure which one yet and have been going back and forth between a 2" and 2 1/2".

I have the NHT package and it's ride is very firm as it is. Will it get stiffer if I do a 2 -1/2 vs. a 2 ?

2. I have some helper coil springs from my 2011 but I don't think I need the extra capacity with this truck and they definitely make the ride a little more harsh. Thinking of going up another inch or so in the rear with a block.

3. Custom tune. I have a intune i1000 (older unit) not sure if I should get another new handheld or use this tuner. Problem is I'm sure I have to update the tuner and I don't have a functional computer. For that matter I guess I would need a computer even if a bought a new tuner since you have to do through the bull of updates on a new handheld.

4. Thinking of getting the AFE Momentum that Blackbear tested.

Truck came with the step bar and mud flaps which I want to get rid of for asthetics but after all the paint damage my 2011 had from stones and mud combined with GM's weak paint I'm a little hesitant to remove them.

Hope these pics load.. Think it will look ok leveled with the steps?5a7631cbbd929ce5b9538ad5a3f1f072.jpg5663ebb21aa4fcd2d78c9b9ddb2f6bd1.jpg

Also I have a almost new set of 275/60/20 Fallen Wildpeak AT's to throw on sometime soon.

I was hoping it would be a double cab as I was reading! Beautiful truck, congrats! Have you thought about Bilstein shocks, I have had a 2 inch level for almost a year, but I think I am gonna switch over this summer. Those would be better for ride, if that's what your looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping it would be a double cab as I was reading! Beautiful truck, congrats! Have you thought about Bilstein shocks, I have had a 2 inch level for almost a year, but I think I am gonna switch over this summer. Those would be better for ride, if that's what your looking for.

Looking into the Bilsteins as I write this. Thanks for reminding me! I want as much height as possible without affecting the ride and component wear. If I need to raise the back is no big deal. Thanks for the compliment!

Leveled with the steps looks ok, I'm not a huge fan but it's what you like. If you want to ditch the flaps, let me know

I'm in Durand

I'm not a fan of the look the steps have.. They sit too low, maybe if they were closer to the door I would like them better. Nice to have as far as stepping in but getting out seems harder. I'm thinking the flaps should stay unless my new tires are going to eat them. Nice to see someone geography close!

Looking into the Bilsteins as I write this. Thanks for reminding me! I want as much height as possible without affecting the ride and component wear. If I need to raise the back is no big deal. Thanks for the compliment!

The back makes no difference in wear, only in looks and in function. Do you like the leveled look, or prefer rake? Do you carry items in your bed regularly? If yes then a leveled truck will squat, while one with rake will be level, unless helper springs, airbags or stiffer leaf springs are installed.

The front will wear at an accelerated rate with any lift or level unless the cv joint and ball joint angles are corrected.

I would only raise the back if it sags when I'm towing. I don't really mind a rake to a truck..I just hate the front sitting so dang low!

The huge flat frontal area along with the air deflector exaggerates the squaty appearance. I will say k2 platform looks awesome with just a couple/ few inch lift.

Nice truck man! I would say keep the mud flaps. Regarding the steps, have you considered maybe swapping to the tubular ones as opposed to that rectangle ones? I have the black tubular ones and I think they look pretty good, for having a step bar to begin with.

I'l snap a pic of my truck in a bit - same color, leveled with the same steps you have. I don't love the steps but they do look better now that the truck is leveled. I left them on for the same reason (prevent chips). My last 2 trucks had tons of little nicks from stones picked up when riding dirt roads. This truck has no nicks at all.

Hope these pics load.. Think it will look ok leveled with the steps?

Here are a couple quick pics with the truck leveled and the OEM running boards. Again, I don't love them either but I'm not sure what I want to get instead. That said, they don't look too bad on the truck now.

IMG_0907_zpso9sepqde.jpg

I'm not a fan of the look the steps have.. They sit too low, maybe if they were closer to the door I would like them better. Nice to have as far as stepping in but getting out seems harder. I'm thinking the flaps should stay unless my new tires are going to eat them. Nice to see someone geography close!

Thanks! I like the wheels. I'm sure it would look like it sits higher if the steps were off. I may consider just running then in the winter. Your truck looks real nice!

Archived