Dealer reprogram for larger tires?

Just wondering if i need to call the Service Manager at my Local dealer. Jut put one size taller tires on my new leftover 2016 Chevy HD> Guys at the counter said they can only program for O.E spec sizes??? Sounds like B.S to me! Im sure they can reprogram for a 3% tire size change?

Just looking for help on this before I get into it with the Service dept.

Thanks.

I wouldn't bother for one size up. It probably makes you speedo and odometer actually accurate. My old '01 became perfectly accurate when I went up one tire size. If you're not having issues, don't advertise you changed anything.

Don't bother. There are tire calculators online that you punch in the old size vs new size and it tells you how far off your soeedo will be. You'll see that going up one size will barely affect it, if at all.

I've gone from oem to 33's, 35's etc. I never bothered recalibration because even with 35's it's only off a cpl mph max at like 65-70 mph.

Just wondering if i need to call the Service Manager at my Local dealer. Jut put one size taller tires on my new leftover 2016 Chevy HD> Guys at the counter said they can only program for O.E spec sizes??? Sounds like B.S to me! Im sure they can reprogram for a 3% tire size change?

Just looking for help on this before I get into it with the Service dept.

Thanks.

Fact they will only program oe tire sizes has been like this for years

Ryan B.

Yep, as stated, they will only program to OEM sizes. I just went through that with my new HD. Having them program to the largest OEM size helped a little, but my speedometer is still off 1-2 MPH at 60 and 2-3 MPH at 70.

Archived