Headache racks

I'm seriously looking at the Magnum brand of headache racks. I like the look of the low pro with lights and the opening for the rear slider. They are not directly available in Canada-there aren't any dealers. I will have to order it and have it shipped here. Does anybody on here have one? How do you like it? Would you buy one again? Thanks guys.

I'm not sure about the magnum, but I know spider industries will ship anywhere, and they are custom made to order. Pretty cool racks, and very well built.

Looks like they sit just above the top of the cab. Is that correct? I need to get one to secure my kayaks. Was going to pairit with the rear one that sits about 4 " above the rear gate.

Magnum makes two different heights depending on what you want. The low pro is about flush with the roof and the high pro and standard racks are about 3" above the roof. Check out their website they have a photos page with lots of trucks amd their different racks. I would leave a link but I don't know how. I like the look of the flush low pro racks. I ordered one on Friday Mar 24 and it arrived yesterday. Not bad 4 days shipped to Canada. I will be installing ot this weekend and will post pics.

All worked out good. I had to adjust where the toolbox sat so it could open without hitting the rack. So I had to adjust where the tonneau cover sits as well. The Magnum rack was really easy to install, it came with a harness to connect the lighting to the trailwr connection. Quick and easy, I'm really happy with how it looks. I also took off the factory running boards I think it looks better without them.

post-149404-0-87384500-1491155900_thumb.jpg

post-149404-0-37096900-1491155926_thumb.jpg

4x4Pete, what is the measurement from your bed to the top of the rack? Looks like it is just above the cab. I am looking at the open rack and it says its 26" high which would work except I have a tonneau cover and need to get the bracket that adds 1" and that would not allow it to fit in the garage.

It looks like it's above the cab but it is pretty flush. It isn't taller than the cab. The measurement is 20 1/4". The Low pro models that are made to fit the 2007 to current GM trucks are all this height. The high pro and standard racks are listed to be 23 1/2".

• 8 months later...

Dragon,
Do your amber lights flash with blinkers/hazards?

I just order my Magnum Rack Low Pro with window cutout. Wanted the amber lights but manufacturer told me they don't change the wiring configuration...they would only come on when the truck was in reverse.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I doubt the ambers flash because the red ones flash with the signals and brakes.  If the ambers flashed as well It may look a bit like a carnival.  I get comments from people about the lighting on the rack.  The led setup is really nice and works well.  

I doubt the ambers flash because the red ones flash with the signals and brakes.  If the ambers flashed as well It may look a bit like a carnival.  I get comments from people about the lighting on the rack.  The led setup is really nice and works well.  
Thanks Pete. Good to know. Wasn't aware red lights flashed with blinkers as well. Thought they only went on with brake lights.

Can't be too difficult to figure out what pins and wires need to connect for me to have red on with brakes and amber flash with the turn signal/hazards. I'll hang a white LED bar upsidedown from the window cutout and tap into either the reverse or the in bed lighting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived