17 Sierra..Weird crackling buzzing sound inside cab ?

The odd time when I open my drivers door or any door I open first on my 17 sierra. I hear a crackling buzz sound coming from what it sounds like the speakers and not the usual sounds that everyone has upon entering. Not sure if it's through the speakers, it just sounds like it. Only does it once in a while but sounds like something's going on! Of course it won't do it when I have my cell video on record. Haven't brought it in yet but if anyone else has this going on let me know thanks. Sounds like a short possibly

Edited by ElectricRocker

The odd time when I open my drivers door or any door I open first on my 17 sierra. I hear a crackling buzz sound coming from what it sounds like the speakers and not the usual sounds that everyone has upon entering. Not sure if it's through the speakers, it just sounds like it. Only does it once in a while but sounds like something's going on! Of course it won't do it when I have my cell video on record. Haven't brought it in yet but if anyone else has this going on let me know thanks. Sounds like a short possibly

Hello ElectricRocker,

We regret to hear about this crackling concern associated with your Sierra. If you’d like us to reach out to your dealer on your behalf, feel free to send us a private message. We’re always happy to provide an additional layer of assistance!

Regards,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

I went to the gm dealer, gunna have a look at it next week. Service guy said they haven't heard of this yet I guess. Feel I'll get the old "everything looks good" line when I go get it. Anyone have any recommendations so I can tell the service manager. Thanks

My '15 Sierra did that this morning when I first opened the door. The buzz/crackle only lasted a couple of seconds and then stopped. I heard the noise for the first time about six weeks ago, and this morning was the second occurrence. I think it would be hard to diagnose, but I hope your dealer can figure it out.

My '15 Sierra did that this morning when I first opened the door. The buzz/crackle only lasted a couple of seconds and then stopped. I heard the noise for the first time about six weeks ago, and this morning was the second occurrence. I think it would be hard to diagnose, but I hope your dealer can figure it out.

Wow really eh, couple years different even! Guess I'm not hearing things after all! Yeah mine only lasts for a couple seconds also. Has done it now about 6 times in the past couple weeks. Very strange. Could definitely be hard to diagnose but Hopefully some other members here that possibly have the same issue and have had it figured out will see this and chime in. Yes I'm hopeful the dealer will figure it out but it can't be good whatever is causing it. But I'll keep ya posted bro

Edited by ElectricRocker

My 2014 does this as well. It's not every time completely random. Very weird.

So strange. So far same issue on a 14, 15, and mine being 17. Like wth eh? What could be possibly going on.. I wonder if it's a bad cab ground I read somewhere on a different post? If only I could find it again.

Are you guys sure youre not hearing your fuel pumps priming? They prime up when you open your door....

Yeah I hear that, and also I have thought it could be this making the buzzing crackling sound also. But who knows now it does sound like it comes from inside. Definitely an electricity kinda buzzing crackling sound not like you hear on normal fuel pump prime. Edited by ElectricRocker

So strange. So far same issue on a 14, 15, and mine being 17. Like wth eh? What could be possibly going on.. I wonder if it's a bad cab ground I read somewhere on a different post? If only I could find it again.

Not sure man. I know it's not G218 or G210. I made that how to video on YouTube to repair that ground so I know it's not that ground lol.