17 Sierra..Weird crackling buzzing sound inside cab ?

I could be imagining this but the last 2 times my 2014 did it was the exact same day that OnStar does it's monthly report for me. Hmmmmm.

Lol coincidence?? I don't think so cause mine haze done it about 6 times in two weeks. Unless onstar is messing with me!!

Lol coincidence?? I don't think so cause mine haze done it about 6 times in two weeks. Unless onstar is messing with me!!

Weird. Mine hasn't done it that much. Do you have a range AFM disabler or one of those things for insurance discounts plugged in?

Weird. Mine hasn't done it that much. Do you have a range AFM disabler or one of those things for insurance discounts plugged in?

No I don't have anything. I only have 1600 kms or just a bit over a thousand miles. She's brand new

No I don't have anything. I only have 1600 kms or just a bit over a thousand miles. She's brand new

Hmmmmm. Good luck finding it. If you do let us know.

my 15 does this and it did it tonight at the gas station its completely random when it happens but it only happens when the door is opened

What is going on with these trucks doing this. So strange

What is going on with these trucks doing this. So strange

i have no idea my truck has been nothing but probs between the shaking, hesitation, burs under the paint, v4 drone/grinding sound when it switches between v4/v8, trans clunking, poor radio reception and buzzing speakers when doors are opened. i should have lemon this truck and moved on to another brand or a 2500hd. the dealer has been no help really they have a TSB on everything to explain how this is all normal and operating as it should GM has really dropped the ball on these trucks IMO.

i have no idea my truck has been nothing but probs between the shaking, hesitation, burs under the paint, v4 drone/grinding sound when it switches between v4/v8, trans clunking, poor radio reception and buzzing speakers when doors are opened. i should have lemon this truck and moved on to another brand or a 2500hd. the dealer has been no help really they have a TSB on everything to explain how this is all normal and operating as it should GM has really dropped the ball on these trucks IMO.

Wow that's crazy

• 2 years later...

Hey all,

Same noise happens with my 2018 Sierra. Has anyone been able to discover the cause if this noise yet? The noise just happened again upon opening the driver's door and so I figured I should do a search for possible causes. Since the noise only happens on occasion, I doubt a dealership would be able to diagnose the noise issue. The noise certainly sounds like its feedback from the speakers...

• 5 months later...