BORLA Touring rattle?

I have a rattle at low rpm, it seems to get quieter once the exhaust warms up. I have checked my heat shields, doesn't seem to be a issue there. The only other thing in the area from where the rattle is coming from is the "flapper" (can't remember the correct name) in the exhaust for the V8-V4 mode. Anyone else have this issue? If so, how do you fix it? I checked it, the parts seems to slightly twist freely...

I have a rattle at low rpm, it seems to get quieter once the exhaust warms up. I have checked my heat shields, doesn't seem to be a issue there. The only other thing in the area from where the rattle is coming from is the "flapper" (can't remember the correct name) in the exhaust for the V8-V4 mode. Anyone else have this issue? If so, how do you fix it? I checked it, the parts seems to slightly twist freely...

So you have the gm version of the borla? Clamp it open with a bolt and two washers or a 2 inch band clamp and see if it stops the rattle. If it does stop it then call borla and have them ship you a new front pipe with the flapper.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's a known issue on the stock exhaust for the flapper to rattle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have the non-GM Borla S-Type and had a similar issue with mine. Drove me crazy! In the end it was a loose clamp just before (or after, can't remember) the cat. Put a new one on and voila!

GM corsa exhaust here no flapper no problems, just a nice sound. I think as long as your exhaust has a flapper there's chances of problems,,,,,,

You're one of the smart ones aren't ya? :thumbs::crackup:

Well it's a roll of the dice with these trucks and the exhaust. I wasn't much of a fan with the flapper design so when I seen this system without the flapper I said this might be worth trying and I might have not given it a try except GM say it was meeting their requirements for everything the stock exhaust did plus offering 10hp/6tq ( for the 5.3 which by the way is a real cow in my book ) which is the only one I ever found saying an increase in power but maybe that makes them feel better for the price they want to charge you lol. But if I was the smart one I would of bought the 6.2??

Happy to say it was just a hanger from the exhaust just close enough to barley touch, but yet send out a signal. Cut off about a half inch, no where close enough to touch now. I did take a look at the flapper, it does make a little noise that you can hear while under the truck and near it. As long as I can't hear it while outside the truck, or inside, I'll let it go for now..., but at least I'll know what to look for and how to fix it if the time comes now. Thanks.

Archived