2017 Silverado Chevy Shake

Who, or what level at GM said you SOL?

it has made it to the top. They said i can bring it in for the 4th time but they will not buy back. I've already been told it's within parameters so I'm not sure how bringing it in again will help

it has made it to the top. They said i can bring it in for the 4th time but they will not buy back. I've already been told it's within parameters so I'm not sure how bringing it in again will help

"Within parameters" implies there is a parameter that can be measured, and that that parameter has engineering units.

Ask for the limit, what they've measured on your vehicle, i.e. the number, and how they measured it. Ask for a log file from the measurement system.

Have them put all of the above in writing on a work order...lol

Wtf, are they attaching strain gauges / intelligent sensors with telemetry and putting it through a controlled test? Sure they are.

If they really documented what they told you, you got them.

And, oh yeah, they are totally jerking you around.

Time for a lemon law attorney or bbb or both.

What a load of feces.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

"Within parameters" implies there is a parameter that can be measured, and that that parameter has engineering units.

Ask for the limit, what they've measured on your vehicle, i.e. the number, and how they measured it. Ask for a log file from the measurement system.

Have them put all of the above in writing on a work order...lol

Wtf, are they attaching strain gauges / intelligent sensors with telemetry and putting it through a controlled test? Sure they are.

If they really documented what they told you, you got them.

And, oh yeah, they are totally jerking you around.

Time for a lemon law attorney or bbb or both.

What a load of feces.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

I'm considering BBB. Only thing is that if i get a lawyer i don't have to deal with anything anymore which is worth a ton. I know know someone who personally used BBB with success though so i am weighing that option

I fought for 4 months and it took a lot of phone calls, 95 days in the shop, multiple multiple multiple parts changes. GM ended up buying the vehicle back because it was a junker. It then went off to auction for someone else to get without a warranty. It was a tough process and not fun. This was a 2014 regular cab long box......I ended up buying a 2015 doublecab 6.6 box (WHICH I test drove) and so far it has been great, 2 years old, 30K miles.

Keep calling and keep pursuing.

GM customer care, engineering, different dealerships.

Wow that's crazy. It sucks it's happening to you, but I'm glad you posted the video; mine started exhibiting awful shaking on the highway last weekend and I was worried about "chevy shake" issues, but your video shows I was just overly sensitive. It turns out, that when the dealer rotated the tires a few days prior at its 5k service, they overfilled the tires by 10 psi (in addition to overfilling the engine by at least 2 quarts); dropped back down to 35 psi, and my harmonic issues went away.

What are your tires at? 35 psi *might* help your problem in the interim if they're filled above 40.

• 1 month later...

This is the last step GM will do. PI1354E updated steering gear bushings. This part was just released, many dealers won't know about it, but have them call GM service rep.

Did you ever follow up with this? I am curious because after straightening and balancing my driveshaft, I have the vibrations coming mainly from the front end intermittently and felt through the steering wheel and pedals.

Archived