Trailer accesory power

Picked up a new snowmobile trailer that has some interior LED lights that as expected don't work. Seems to me I remember reading that there is something that needs to be hooked up or fuse installed to make the accessory plug on the 7-pin live. Does anyone know? Truck is a 2016 Silverado. Thanks!

If it dosen't have the tow package I think there's a fuse you have to install under the hood, not sure were I think drivers side, its in the manual. I read a thread on the snowmobile forums about it. I have the Max-tow and its already hooked up on mine. Sorry I coudn't be more help.

Usually snowmobile trailer interior lights use the parking light circuit.

Turn on and check again

just reread, you say 7 pin, are you using electric brakes?

there should be a ring terminal taped in the harness near underhood fuse panel, and possibly a fuse as well

Usually snowmobile trailer interior lights use the parking light circuit.

Turn on and check again

just reread, you say 7 pin, are you using electric brakes?

there should be a ring terminal taped in the harness near underhood fuse panel, and possibly a fuse as well

My interior lights work regardless of parking lights, there's a black charging wire from the truck that runs interior lights and charges the breakaway battery, the blue wire from the truck works the brakes. A lot of the time you have to install the fuse for the black charging wire to work or your right connect it.

Archived