I have a 2014 GMC Sierra I've noticed for a while now that it idles a little rough..But today the check engine light came on and I noticed the idle issue got worse to the point where it almost bogs out and once or twice when I start it up it bogs out immediately. Anyone else experience this? If so what were the issues and fix?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra I've noticed for a while now that it idles a little rough..But today the check engine light came on and I noticed the idle issue got worse to the point where it almost bogs out and once or twice when I start it up it bogs out immediately. Anyone else experience this? If so what were the issues and fix?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

How many miles? Could be oil caked intake valves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Causes are generally pretty straight forward. Caked intake valves (not using top tier gas or wrong oil), bad injector, bad coil, bad plug, bad lifter. Codes are essential.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Funny I actually did experience this exact thing when I used a dealer loaner truck. 2016 Sierra, and it idled super rough and only had like 16k on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

My '15 Silverado has been doing the same thing. Asked mechanic to look at it a couple oil changes ago, They aren't sure why these trucks are going this, but they assured me that they are all tuned/timed properly.

• 4 weeks later...

My 2016 silverado 49000 miles has started rough idle... P050D and P0307. After the cold start about 30 seconds and it runs and drives great

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I solved this by cleaning my throttle body and valves. All smooth now

• 2 weeks later...

I solved this by cleaning my throttle body and valves. All smooth now

Do you always use top tier fuel and synthetic oil?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Archived