What's your PSI reading on your truck?

Considering the truck suspension is engineered to go along with a specific tire pressure (the one on the door card), I run 35 psi cold on the button (as per the door card), regardless of temperature conditions (for the most part).

Everything you every wanted to know about the load-inflation charts. This one is from a toyo sight, but I think all members of the tire and rim association use the same charts.

The sticker on the door is for the tire size the truck was built with. Install a different tire size, then a different pressure will be the correct.

https://toyotires-1524598101.netdna-ssl.com/media/2125/application_of_load_inflation_tables_20170203.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I live in South Florida and running 285s on 22s. I keep my tires at 40-42psi and get excellent mpgs. I'm on the highway 80-90% of my day, to and from work. Also during the weekends I drive to the beaches from Miami up to Fort Lauderdale for night fishing or down to the keys for a getaway. I have a 5.3L with 3.42 gears and averaging 425-460miles a tank on premium.

Archived