Bilsteins 5100 OR Rough Country 2.5" Leveling Lift Kit

There's about a 1/4 inch of rake on my truck after installing the 5100s at max height - looks perfect to me and as others have stated the ride is vastly improved. My only regret is that I didn't install them sooner!

• Like 5

My only dilemma is that I have a 1" over block in the rear. I bought the truck used so it already had the RC kit. I'm not sure if I'll end up with about a factory rake or not when I remove the front level. I may have to source a factory rear block.

post-167554-0-31034100-1490584178.jpg

Edited by Grjfer
  • Like 1

I'm only doing the front for now. I tow and haul quite a bit of weight time to time so I'll wait to see what it looks like "leveled" and hooked up to a trailer and load with tools. I may want to swap out the factory blocks with a taller version. I got my front Bilsteins for $199 shipped.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

where did you get them at for that price?

My only dilemma is that I have a 1" over block in the rear. I bought the truck used so it already had the RC kit. I'm not sure if I'll end up with about a factory rake or not when I remove the front level. I may have to source a factory rear block.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170325_160652753_HDR_zpsmp9p64ao.jpg

My factory block is coming off in the next two weeks if you'd like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fed ex delivered a package with Bilsteins in it. Getting them and put on in the morning and a alignment for $190. Had installation quotes all over the board from $150, 250 and 450! None of them included the alignment. Crazy that in this area ( Flint, mi. ) Where many of the Chevy trucks are manufactured you can't find shops to mod vehicles very easily.

Ok.. Sorry op but I need to borrow your thread regarding these shocks. For those with these adjustable Bilsteins should I max the shock out going for the level look? I ask because i definitely​ don't want a rougher ride then factory. I'm nervous because I'm changing shocks and putting a slightly heavier tire on it. On my last truck everything I did to make it more capable off road made it a little rougher and as much as I drive it got old fast.