Thinking of Removing Air Dam

The difference between 17 and 18mpg over 20,000 miles is approx 65 gallons of fuel. Call it 150 more dollars a year to have your truck look the way you want, assuming you rack up that many miles per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live where 65 US gallons costs approximately $320 at current prices. Unlike some other modifications this is not a one time expense. Removing the air dam is still a relatively inexpensive modification but knowing it improves mpg makes it attractive in my opinion.

• Like 1

remove it... it gave me like 3 more inches of clearance in the front.... no mpg loss that i can tell.. i'm getting around 17 city driving.. which is a far cry from the 10-11 in my old ford... so i'm happy, plus it makes it look so much better.. . IMO

I personally like it on my truck I usually average 17 mpg and I have 35's. But I also feel like it depends, I've seen some trucks on here that look pretty good without it but for the most part I like itdc9eb20feccb3e767baf5b4cfe23efee.jpg

The higher the truck the better it looks I think!

The higher the truck the better it looks I think!

Yeah I tend to agree with that!

I personally like it on my truck I usually average 17 mpg and I have 35's. But I also feel like it depends, I've seen some trucks on here that look pretty good without it but for the most part I like itdc9eb20feccb3e767baf5b4cfe23efee.jpg

Lucky

I get 12mpg with 20x10 and 35s

I would think you'd need to do a lot of highway driving to see a full 1 mpg difference. I remember reading something where a GM engineer stated that the air dam only accounts for like a 0.3 mpg gain.

I'm no expert, but if the air dam made that much of a difference, they'd probably be making them a few inches larger than they already are.

Lucky

I get 12mpg with 20x10 and 35s

A lot of highway lol

I would think you'd need to do a lot of highway driving to see a full 1 mpg difference. I remember reading something where a GM engineer stated that the air dam only accounts for like a 0.3 mpg gain.

I'm no expert, but if the air dam made that much of a difference, they'd probably be making them a few inches larger than they already are.

Any larger on a stock truck and you'd be scraping every driveway. Chevy is low enough in the front

Dang im doing like 13 to 14 but it's worth it to me.

With all the mods my old 2014 silverado was doing about the same on 33s.

Sexy truck as always

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I remove my front air dam when I added the 1.5" level. I think it looks a lot better w/o it, and I've noticed less than a 1 mpg drop. To each his own, but since I like the look w/o it, that's an acceptable trade-off to me.

post-154007-0-66146400-1490723414_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I remove my front air dam when I added the 1.5" level. I think it looks a lot better w/o it, and I've noticed less than a 1 mpg drop. To each his own, but since I like the look w/o it, that's an acceptable trade-off to me.

Same here. I removed mine this past weekend and really haven't driven enough to notice any mpg gains or losses. I'm planning on installing my 2.5" level this coming weekend also. I just think it looks better w/o IMO.

post-167112-0-09071200-1490728511_thumb.jpg

If it didn't make a difference they wouldn't make it in the first place...